ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS Sensor Testing. Light comes on @ 50 MPH

Clio II 1.2 16V
Got a 1.2 Clio Ph2 with the ABS light coming on @ 50 Plus MPH. Now to find out which sensor is out, I've had it on axle stands and spun up each front wheel with the other side stood. The nearside is reporting no speed on the clock's. and also a resistance check, show's open circit. I'll take that is if a sign of duff sensor ??

Only asking as I don't want the fun of pulling a sensor out the been sat in the hub for 15 year's, and does not want to budge. Only to find out if i replace it it's not that sensor.

What have you used for diagnostics? I had a similar problem and changed the rear sensor after diagnostics from a Snap-On tool which indicated NSR sensor, turned out to be the bloody ABS pump in the end. Saying that my STOP, ABS, TC & HANDBRAKE lights were on permanently. Yours does sound like the usual sensor issue if coming on at a certain speed.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I used a multimeter to find the duff sensor on my civic. If it's showing open circuit then that's your duff one.

A working one would show a fluctuating figure as the wheel is spun

Clio II 1.2 16V
Checked using Ohms. No signal. Then simple open circuit test with buzzer , again nothing. Thanks for the help As in the past I've had the same on a Megane Ph1 Coupe. Replaced 3 sensor's. Before finding out the loom behind the clock was faulty. So I repaired it my way by wiring the pulse feed to the radio, which then backfeeded to clock etc, That cured the problem.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Checked using Ohms. No signal. Then simple open circuit test with buzzer , again nothing. Thanks for the help As in the past I've had the same on a Megane Ph1 Coupe. Replaced 3 sensor's. Before finding out the loom behind the clock was faulty. So I repaired it my way by wiring the pulse feed to the radio, which then backfeeded to clock etc, That cured the problem.
Have you checked it on one of the other sensors just to see if you do get a reading?