ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS, traction control and serv light on after handbrake cable snapped.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
I put the Clio in for it's MOT and the handbrake cable snapped during the test and also failed on excess play in wheel bearing on the same wheel and the ABS/traction/serv lights also come on. I've replaced the handbrake cable and fitted a replacement stub axle and a new genuine disc. I disconnected the battery for a few hours and started the car up - all lights now off again. So I went to take it for the retest (MOT now expired) and low and behold the same lights come on half way there. I've given the sensor a blast with brake cleaner and wiggled the wires and sometimes it does go off but as soon as I drive a few feet they reappear. I've reset the brake pedal switch but that didn't help and the lights obviously came on during the test the first time so I'm swaying towards it wasn't me damaging the sensor when doing the stub axle, any ideas?