ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS / Traction Control Light

Hi guys recently came back from a trip , and my ABS light started glowing orange.I could feel the ABS system kick in all the time even during light braking.The problem seemed to disappear with a restart of the car.

Has anyone had this problem before ? My car is due for service in early next week , and I'd just want to know what I might be looking costwise to fix it.

Forgot to add , Currently driving a Clio 182

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Nearly always an electrical issue, not mechanical.

It'll be lighting up because of the ESP, not the ABS

clio 182 cup
mine did it once when i test drove it took it back he said they would have a look but found nothing wrong with it, then happened again n didnt do it until saturday now it keeps doing it

clio 182 cup
could it be the abs ring? iv still got 2 months warranty on the car from the garage i bought it from so gonna take it there at weekend

ABS/Traction lights up in my experience tends to be a wheel speed sensor on the blink. Not sure if Clio's suffer particularly with it though.

Iceburg 172FF
Stick your head under and behind the wheels if you can and have a look at the abs rings, same thing happened with mine

Ph1 & Ph2 172
I had this prob, had a cv gaitor replaced and it solved it. then traction control light would come on when i sat at about 70mph, replaced brake pedal switch, both times came to about £80 via stealers
i was under warranty, sweet.