ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS warning light on

Hello,

driving down the motorway yesterday and the SERV light and the (ABS) light came on, on my dash.

I stopped at the side of the road when i pulled off, turned engine off... set off again and 2 mins later it turned off.

The same happened again today.

Any ideas/ help would be greatly aprechiated.

Cheers,

Nick

Does the braking feel any different? Like a grating feel through the pedal, ABS kicking in when it shouldn't?

Could be a broken ABS ring, or maybe a CV Joint broken, lop the wheels off and have a look :)

the right wheel sometimes kicks in when i brake over a bump or something like that.

thanks for the quick reply red

I always get confused by the ABS and ESP light? Are they the same thing? If it's the ESP triangle light then AFAIK this is the brake pedal switch fault.

EDIT: bit of a reading fail there I think.

the right wheel sometimes kicks in when i brake over a bump or something like that.

thanks for the quick reply red

It's ok, having the same problem with mine - not being able to afford to get it fixed ftl. Just be aware that whenever your ABS light is on, you have 50:50 braking split - which is obviously not good when you're gunning it ;)