ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

abs warning light

This has stayed on twice in the last couple of weeks if i turn the engine off and on again it will go out then. I had it the abs checked a little while ago and the garage said everything was fine........

Rob.

Check if the abs works by finding somewhere quite, getting to about 30 and standing in the breaks. Youll feel it if its there. Maybe worth checking the fuses.

It seems to be working fine all fuses are ok it hasnt done it for a while so i spose there is no need for alarm.........

rob

I had my service light doing the same thing. Mine also went permanetly after a couple of times. My dealer just said take it in if it happens again.

on the 172 (not sure about the smaller engined varients) the ABS lights comes on sometimes if the wire inder the seat has a bad connection or no connection at all. Most times we replace the wire and all is fine. worth a check.

is that where the abs wires are then? My passenger seat is a bit loose, would this affect any of that stuff ben?

oops...under teh drivers seat..if ou tilt it forward and people get in sometimes they catch the wire on their feet. havea look and wiggle it to see if the light goes out.....its not THE abs wire, but more like a thick wire/cable and not sure exactly what its job it.....but replacing it usually does the job.