ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS, yey or ney?

Da

Less
What's the definitive way to tell if your car has ABS, without mentioning the obvious ;) Need to know for definite before I try to get hold of some new hubs. I've always assumed I've got ABS but how can you tell? Will Renaull know if I ring them with the reg number??

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
the abs light that comes on when you start the engine is a dead give-away.

CB600FS
Theres 4 sensors (one for each wheel) turn the wheel you'll see a wire going to each, 'aiming' at a toothed wheel on the end of the shaft

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
also, drive at 50mph, then slam on the brakes. if your brake pedal vibrates rather violently, then you have abs. (that happens when its in operation to stop wheels locking up)

Da

Less
lol, cheers for the info, I've checked today whilst changing my brake discs and there's definitely a sensor on each hub so I've got ABS :approve:

lol, cheers for the info, I've checked today whilst changing my brake discs and there's definitely a sensor on each hub so I've got ABS :approve:

If you have a phase2 you must have abs. I'm sure its one of the demands of the safety records it had.

Da

Less
cheers edde, it's just that there's alot of hubs out there that are non-abs. Although I guess they could be from the mk2 ph1?

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
my ph1 has abs.. however it's a 16v model. if you dont want it you can always take out the fuse!

172 cup'd extreme
you dont want to disable ABS, the bias goes 50/50ish its not nice braking from 100 and the rear end locks up