ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS

Hi

Has anyone experienced an ABS faults with the 172? When coming to a stop at low speed, the ABS seems to activate on any surface (dry, damp, wet) indicated by a slight "tremor" through the brake pedal.

Renault main dealer says theres nothing wrong but im not so sure.

any comments /similar experience much appreciated.

Ive had lots of ABS issues in my car. OK most of them are at higher speeds when i think it is cutting in WAY!!!!! to early but yeah sometimes at low speeds too.

Best way to test on the same road. Does it do it comming up to the same juntion in the wet and dry? Ive had it come on in the dry sometimes and not the wet others, i dont quite get it.

Anyway Renault said there was nothing wrong so ive just learnt to live with the fact im never sure if its going to come in.

Mav

Mav

thanks for the reply. having just spoken with the dealer, they assured me that the diagnostics had picked up no current or previous fault with the ABS.

ill just keep my wits about me and hope!!

Lionel Richie

Mine had a few problems if going round a left hand corner or even a slight bend to the left (downhill on both) the brakes pretty much failed all together!!!! someone on here had the same problem in their 172