ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS

AJH

Clio 172
Hi,

Can anyone point me in the direction for a guide fort checking/replacing the ABS sensors? I've been getting a judder under braking - at slow speeds - and this morning the ABS light, SERV light and the 'skidding car' light came on.

Thanks,
Ashley

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Have you had it properly diagnosed as an actual wheel sensor problem?

I ask as replacing a sensor sometimes doesn't resolve the issue as the fault can be with the 'target' eg. a cracked reluctor ring or even a wing issue in the loom extension multiplugs. It could even be a problem with another aspect of the ESP/TCS system which is part of the ABS system though nothing to do with wheel sensors.

Mick

AJH

Clio 172
Hi Mick,

I haven't had it diagnosed yet - I was going to try to check for faults next weekend. What you're saying sounds a little more complicated than I was expecting. I should probably get it checked at a garage instead.

Thanks! Ash.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It'll be money well spent mate I promise you... shouldn't cost you anymore than £25-30 but make sure they do some work other than plugging in and reading off the code and going on the generic description as i've seen "Wheel sesnor" issues before that have turned out to be the main loom under the car with a break or poor connection causing the issue.

Luckily the ABS system is self rectifying so when you fix the issue and start driving the car it will kill the ABS MIL for you.