ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

acceleration cable on clio grande 1998

Clio 1.2
ok, so i was about to leave my mates house today and SNAP! the acceleration cable snapped.... luckily my mates dad used a wire connecter to connect both ends of the cable together and i got home,, (just)

but im gonna need a new one obviously,,,,
ive got a 1998 clio grande 1.2
ive been looking on the net and not really had much luck.... so....

where can i get 1 from?

and is it hard to fit 1 (im a novice)
or wouldd i just be better going to a garage....
thanks in advance

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
try a motors factor, they can get hold on anything,
not sure if its a cable that has a sensor on the gearbox or not, but it should be a easy fix,

clio mk2
i had the same problem with mine mate.

after driving home with a bit of speaker wire attached to the throttle body coming through the scuttle panel and to the drivers window i finally got it back trying to avoid any of the boys in blue haha

anyway erm i got a throttle cable of a megane from my local scrappy, only cost £3 and was a lot thicker so theres less chance of it breaking, it is pretty tricky fitting it though, you have to feed it through a tiny whole at the bottom of your engine bay so you can attach it onto your pedal. you will have to modify the cable a bit because the megane cable is about 6 inches longer, the way i did it was chopped the metal stopper on the side which conecsts to the throttle body and then pushed it into the small hole where the old cable would have stopped

so all in all i spent £3 and it took me about 30/40 mins, bearing in mind when i got a quote at the garage down the road they said closer to £100