ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Acceleration rattle noise

CMR

A ROFLCOPTER
Ive read a few threads on similar noises, but all of which report that they hear the noise whilst driving and also when revving at idle.

When accelerating hard in my trophy, after about 3k revs I hear this metallic rattle sound, like there is a socket loose rattling around somewhere. It increases with revs when accelerating.

As soon as I stop accelerating and 'keep' the car at say 5k revs the noise disappears, but its back again as soon as I start accelerating.

I cant get the noise to be heard when revving the car on idle either.

Ive had a look under the car, and nothing seems to be rusted through, and the heatsheild seems fine all the way along, one thing I did see is the clamp for the manifold to cat, should this have nuts on both ends? This is how mine looks :
14062009736.jpg

14062009737.jpg

Is this right?

Any ideas what could be causing the noise, help appreciated

cup
the exhaust clamp is as it should be. you say a 'rattle'. is it a stones in a tin can rattle or more of a buzz?

Evo 6, E92 320d
Is the exhaust std and the origional, i had a similar noise which i put down to baffles.

CMR

A ROFLCOPTER
Standard exhaust yeah. Its more metallic rattle, like someone there is a 10mm socket in a tin can if you get me. Its not that loud but its there.

It could be the exhaust baffles, I just hope it isnt the cat