ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ACCIDENT

Hi All.

Had an accident yesterday evening. Stopped at the lights a few cars infront of me. A Toyota crashing into the back of me. Bumper smashed. Ligths smashed. Boot smashed will not open. Audio in boot crushed due to impact. Boot floor pan wheel smashed/crushed. Driver side rear panel all crushed.

Clio 1.2 16v 2001

Arghhh really upset can not move my neck was taken to the hospital last night. Given the all clear, just lots of rest.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Gotta be written off, hope your alright mate, get some pics of it up?

If you can keep the car and break it for bits ;)

Make lots of monies ;)

no only informed my insurance yesterday. and was later taken to hospital.

Yeah im just so great-ful im here tbh even with a sore neck and a seeming sleepless night.

i havnt got any pics sorry.

i am thinking of going with a accident management company as it does not effect your insurance?advice

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Why you going with another company? Do you have legal cover with your insurers? They'll be able to take care of everything for you and claim every cost including injury from the insurers of the guy that hit you. Your insurance will be affected just slightly if it's even affected at all.

My last accident wasn't my fault but when I was getting quotes the following year, an insurance quote went up £50 for having 2 accidents, first one was my fault. That was a few years ago on an £800 quote when I was 19. Depends on the insurer but think don't think it's common and they were by far the cheapest deal still so I wouldn't really worry about it if that's why you're thinking of using another company. Obviously, if you don't have legal cover, then you might have to use them.

Sounded a pretty big smash from all the damage it caused. At least you're in one piece. Rest really will help your neck get better.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Gutted, definitely sounds like a write off though

I'd stick a claim in too against the toyota driver, from what i gather its not your fault, and one non-fault accident should not affect your prices much if at all.

got an update the car infront i rolled into have got a accident management company involved which are seeking to recover the cost from the car that hit me from behind. i thought they would be claiming from me? anyway as it was not my fault they said they can get me a like for like hire car tom' morning and get a assessor to my house to assess the damage. i know my insurance can do this but this way it wont effect it all. spoke to my insurance company and as i want to keep the car if written of they said i may not be able to keep it due to some law.

what would the assessor look at? it wouldnt be from my insurance but from the accident management company as i would be claiming directly from the 3rd party/

thank you for all the advice