ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ace night - 197 launch pics :)

M140i
Pics from last night, let the bashing commence!!! Was a great night with some nice cars :)

197 Launch 013 (Small).jpg 197 Launch 014 (Small).jpg

197 Launch 020 (Small).jpg 197 Launch 047 (Small).jpg

197 Launch 018 (Small).jpg

Civic Type-R
Im quite liking the exterior, but that interior is really horrible. The dash looks like its from a small ship its that big.

'18 Megane dci
I'd like to see the 197 in Racing Blue, looks like an all round nice package so far.

Love the F1 driving sim, we have a similar setup at work for taking to 'PR' days...

s01.gif

s12.gif

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
i cant belive how s**t the engine looks compaired to the 182.
and the interior is also a big pile of shittynes, reminds me of one of those invalid carriers. prolly wipe clean to get the drewl off!

'18 Megane dci
Harry_manback said:
i cant belive how sh*t the engine looks compaired to the 182.
and the interior is also a big pile of sh*ttynes, reminds me of one of those invalid carriers. prolly wipe clean to get the drewl off!

But it's how it goes and handles that really counts ;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah i am really liking the 197. can't wait to see one in racing blue :)

vee or 197 that is the question!!! i reckon the 197 will win due to lower runing costs and less likely i will put it into a hedge backwards.

black/gold 182
Dave Cli02 said:
But it's how it goes and handles that really counts ;)
that is important i agree but looks of a car are very important also and for me that does nothing im affraid,, imo its a step backwards i will keep and cherish my 182 :D

I've actually sat in the car and the pics don't do it justice.

The gear movement feels ace, the seats feel ace and the grab handles in the back are damped... no worse than the current shitbox - what more do you want?

Also If you find the outgoing model cramped you'll love this one... plenty of room even in the back seat.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Agreed, the interior of the car is a big improvement, feels far better built than the mk2. Seats are excellent, would find it hard to justify money for a recaro option with them. Still not totally attracted to the exterior, but its growing on me slowly. It does make the mk2 look dated though, like it or not it does have a much more modern look in keeping with the competition.

Dirty E91
It's growing on me, but anyone who buys one straight off is a fool as you know they will release a cup/trophy version within 12 months and possibly change/improve the equipment levels?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
yellowA said:
eww no..don't like that at all! the 182 is so much nicer..

Same here. I'd rather stick with my current 182. I like the comment in Top Gear magazine that states the vents behind the front wheels help to extract brake dust. Hmmmmm. Won't the cleaners and detailers amongst us just love to get their door panels full of brake dust! :S

D.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
Harry_manback said:
i cant belive how sh*t the engine looks compaired to the 182.
and the interior is also a big pile of sh*ttynes, reminds me of one of those invalid carriers. prolly wipe clean to get the drewl off!

in all honesty the interior is so muh more simpler and tidier than the 172/182 the seats imo are better, more supposrtive and the silly leather sides wont crack or wear.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
people say i'm waiting for the cup version etc, but wouldn't the lightest version be the bog standard 197 with no options......?

Dirty E91
gt_gaz said:
people say i'm waiting for the cup version etc, but wouldn't the lightest version be the bog standard 197 with no options......?

Maybe they'll go mad a stick light weight panels on it etc?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
doubt it, never did with the megane, the cup versions etc have suspension tweeks and different wheels, but nothing as balls out (meaning weight saving etc) as a 172 cup

RenaultSport clio 172 exc
It looks ok and there are some endeering features, but by what i have read, it is slower than the 182 and even slower than the 172. Iv got a feeling that some of the roughness will be pollised out and you'll be left with i kinda fast car that kinda looks ok but is very comfortable:(. The fact that they have stopped production of the v6 as renault feels this 197 will be good enough makes me sad. Im an old school boy and dont like all these modern lines and curves. An iconic car doesnt need to be overhalled to make it modern (golf still looks like a golf)

personally i think it looks like a ford KA and a 206 have ran into each other and made some sort of crappy mix.

just my opinion though. :D