ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Acer Laptops

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
Does anyone have any experience with them? Comet have a dual core 2ghz 2gb of ram Acer laptop, which seems really good value. Im not a fan of Comet, but for £699 it seems really good value....

Lee

BMW M2C
I'd say they are very much a mixed bag. We have a few at work and a lot of the guys have bought them for home use.

Some of them have been 100% reliable. Others have been a total nightmare.

We had one which had to have pretty much all the internals replaced, then within a week of coming back from repair had to go back for another new motherboard.

They are cheap, but there are certainly better laptops out there.

Clio 182 / 205 Track Car
I have had the above mentioned laptop now for 2 weeks and love it to bit's, everything is speedy as it should be.

This is my 2nd Acer laptop, the 1st I've had for 3 years and had no problems with it whatsoever.

Obviously it is a budget make, but I find it a good comprimise and think you are getting a lot of laptop for your cash.

Last edited:
  dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
I have mine 4 years now, it still does it, just my screen is busted that happend 2 years back.
Exept for that, haven't got a single problem.
cheers

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Man I so want a Dell XPS 1710 but I cant think of a reason for my work to buy me it..

Dell_XPS_M1710_Metallic_Black_Notebook_4GB_.jpg

Sex weee !!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd rather put a hot glue gun down my jap eye than use comet or curry's again. useless t**t nob sucking inbreeds.

Lee

BMW M2C
Man I so want a Dell XPS 1710 but I cant think of a reason for my work to buy me it..

Sex weee !!!

I've bought a couple of those recently. One had the highest spec possible at the time. It's also got the red lights. I think the other was blue! One was for an external producer, the other for the CTO. We got a nice little Sony Viao in here instead.

Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v
Ive got an acer, had it just over 2 years now, had a problem after about 4 months, turned out to be the motherboard. which needed replacing. Acer took the laptop away, had it back within 10 days and its got a new 3 yr warrenty on it.

good service i say. Id have another any day. apart from that one minor problem, its worked fine, and its used daily! :approve:

Nippy white cup
Hmm...cheap but decent performance....some people had reliability probs and others had none....are renault starting to make laptops now?! ;)

Chris

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Sex weee !!!

I've bought a couple of those recently. One had the highest spec possible at the time. It's also got the red lights. I think the other was blue! One was for an external producer, the other for the CTO. We got a nice little Sony Viao in here instead.

Bet it was sweet.. ye they come with blue lights too.. screw it .. I can come up with something.. only thing is they dont seem to have them on the UK dell site :(