ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Acid free wheel cleaner. which one ?

PB Clio 172
hey guys, here is one for you detailing buffs

I have just got some new rims and on the invoice is says to use an acid free wheel cleaner. I have always used AG but its acid.

Any decents ones but I don't wanna pay the earth for it

post away which one is best and which ones have you used ?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
dont use a wheel cleaner, simples

instead of spending time trying to remove the brake dust, why not seal the wheels properly so the brake dust wont bond to your new wheels. and all that is needed to remove dirt and dust is simple shampoo when you wash the rest of the car

have a search for GTechniq C5 wheel armour. or atleast a high temperature wax like mint rims or fk1000

i used C5 on all my wheels a year ago and I havent used my wheel cleaner since, by the way i used AF Imperial cleaner

PB Clio 172
thanks guys for the comments on what to use

have looked into bilberry's and its looks pretty good. I am not into spending £40 on something to keep or protect the wheels but thank you for giving me some ideas all the same !

I have some wheel wax so will use that before they go on the car

Golf GT & A4 Avant
bilberry as with most wheel cleaners will not remove baked on dust, for that you will need an iron remover, say approx £20 for the pair, or £23 for C5, not 40, and you wont get baked on brake dust. how much did you pay for your new wheels?

guess it depends on how much you want to care for your wheels

Not a 320d
As you cant be arsed to seal the wheel properly, look at something like Espuma Revolution. Its non acidic but its f**king strong and will burn your skin. Its expensive, like £30 for 5 litres delivered but can be diluted highly (I go double the recommended amount sometimes and still makes cleaning easy). Its basically a very strong TFR so can be used to remove bugs in summer if theyre really bad.