ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Acid Yellow Clio V6 - Collecting Cars

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a loss of a little over £32,500 in 7 months if my maths is right? Nearer £34k if it was bought online at Silverstone.

Wounded

NickReilly063

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182 Trophy Rs265
£18750 to be exact - I was there in person at the sale and spoke to the Chap who had just bought it, he was having a celebrationey cup of coffee with this friend just after buying it - he was telling me he had just sold a Turbo 2 which he didn't get on with -

To do just 9 miles and lose nearly 20k (must have other costs - Transport etc ) I'd be really sick - and in the dog house after telling the Mrs.

The bit I really don't understand is the car was absolutely stunning and he didn't buy it blind ???

seb

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Clio trophy
Who ever bought it, bought it at peak prices.

Vee prices have started to come down a fair bit so no wonder they lost on this.

I don't understand the logic of selling at this time in the market unless you really needed to get the money back. Which i preusme is the only reason it was sold.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
£18750 to be exact - I was there in person at the sale and spoke to the Chap who had just bought it, he was having a celebrationey cup of coffee with this friend just after buying it - he was telling me he had just sold a Turbo 2 which he didn't get on with -

To do just 9 miles and lose nearly 20k (must have other costs - Transport etc ) I'd be really sick - and in the dog house after telling the Mrs.

£18750 doesn't include the buyers premium paid when it was bought at the Silverstone auction, which is 12.5% +VAT of the £92,250 hammer price.

Which if I have it right pushes the total loss to a little over £32,500 (not considering any other costs)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand the logic of selling at this time in the market unless you really needed to get the money back. Which i preusme is the only reason it was sold.

I can only guess they figured people are more inclined to buy a toy like this during summer when they can show it off?

NickReilly063

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182 Trophy Rs265
The price it shows is what it sold for with fees already added in - when you think about it they also charge the seller 7.5% plus vat sellers fees -

Hammer Price before fees was around £80200 plus 12.5% plus vat - Total £92250

Seller then pay about £7218 in fees unless they have already done a deal with the Auction house on the fees before hand -

If they did pay the fees the Seller would receieve back £72982 - CC Sale price £73500 plus fees - it looks like the over payment last year is all in the fees these Classic Car Auctions take to run there sales

The only win with them is when you ring the bell like the recent RS500 did or the Lady Diana car (Black RS Turbo).

NickReilly063

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182 Trophy Rs265