ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Acknowledged by a Renaultsport driver

Hi Guys

I was driving my 172 the other morning and saw another RS Clio coming the other way, and the driver waved to me. Since then it has happened twice!!!

Has that happened to anyone else?

Octavia VRS

aww thats cute!!! :p

My mate(s) even blank me when they pass me!

[Edited by POW_Clio on 12 April 2005 at 2:00pm]

Cool. Ive noticed that non-RS clio drivers arent really into it, which is a shame. I was thinking we could take on Minis and Motorcyclists in the waving stakes.

Nippy white cup

Yep I always try and flash or wave...although (not being sexist here) I dont always to women as I have in the past and they look at me as if Im daft...of course this applys to some blokes as well..

chris

Octavia VRS

passed a 172 cup on way to work, didnt know if I should wave... :(

do you renaultsport drivers even wave to ordinary clios?

i wave at every oportunity but only to other RS owners.... otherwise there would be lots of grannys complaining to the old bill that ive waved and flashed at them.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Us Mk2 172 owners tend to blind people if we flash at them.....

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 12 April 2005

i wave at every oportunity but only to other RS owners.... otherwise there would be lots of grannys complaining to the old bill that ive waved and flashed at them.
I remember a time when you were an Alize owner as well...Traitor!!! :p

Yeah, you should always wave. Primarily as then we know you are probably a cliosport member/forum user. I find some RS drivers dont even notice other RS cars :cry:

So remember always wave!

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by Nightfire on 12 April 2005

Ive waved to vee and 182 drivers, but just ignore me. Think it cos Im only in a 1.2 though
thats why I dont..apart from badinvincible and another mate who had a 172!

VaVa

I wave to other RS drivers. Had someone in a Racing Blue 182 wave the other day, which was nice.

Whilst Id like to think it would be cool to stop and chat to someone at the lights who has an identical car, I get more of a feeling of embarassment. A bit like turning up to a party only to find you have the same shirt on as someone else.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by JanO on 12 April 2005

Ill give you RS guys a wave from my Williams if i see you ;)
Ive acknowledged Wiliams drivers before. Its a Renaultsport car afterall, even if it is one of the slowest.;)

I always try to give some recognition of rescet to all drivers of cars I consider to be drivers machines. Usually a nod or a casual salute or raise of the hand. Never get any response but f**k it, its just something I do :cool:

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 12 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by JanO on 12 April 2005

Ill give you RS guys a wave from my Williams if i see you ;)
Ive acknowledged Wiliams drivers before. Its a Renaultsport car afterall, even if it is one of the slowest.;)

:devilish:

megane coupe F7R

I acknowledge other Valver/wiliiams owners. Not so many 172/182 owners though cuz they normally look back at me like sh*t, as if to say, my car is better/faster than yours!

Quote: Originally posted by POW_Clio on 12 April 2005

i still am mate.... aaah the luxury of choice.. ;)

Mondeo STTDCI

I get fed up of it as no c**t ever waves or flashes at me.

Had a bloke in a 172 ask me where I put the spare at the garage the other day though.

Nissan Jewk

If i wave to another driver in London, theyll prob think im enticing road rage. Different when im on the bike though.

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by POW_Clio on 12 April 2005

i still am mate.... aaah the luxury of choice.. ;)
I thought you sold it?

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Got a thumbs up off a VW Golf driver on the motorway today :D Get and give waves to "proper" RS owners ... however too many 172/182 owners where I live are owners "by accident" (aka was top of range Clio for local driving) rather than enthusiasts.

dk

911 GTS Cab

I always wave or flash if I spot it in time, black ones are hard to spot as I sometimes mistake 1.2s for them!

Get a few waves back, have had about 3 this week including a ctr owner today after a quick blast!

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by hip_spasm on 12 April 2005
I get fed up of it as no c**t ever waves or flashes at me.Had a bloke in a 172 ask me where I put the spare at the garage the other day though.

:cry:

I waved at you :(

Elise/VX220/R26

Ive waved at a few but not had much response. I think most people who buy them arent quite as "into" the whole thing as us lot. Mostly just get strange looks (no change there then)

When the mk2 clio v6 first appeared there was a lad in wakey had one like within a week. I saw him and chased after him and flashed him to pull over, chatted about the car and that for 10 mins and have seen him a couple of times since, top lad. He was only 21! lucky fekker!

I should think when I get the meggy 225 Ill be prolly stopping to talk to the owners, although out of the 3 Ive ever seen one was a woman with kids in the back so might end up gettin arrested hehehe Ill just show the cops this thread

Vee dub

I have started to give up acknowledging 172 drivers as I see loads about and hardly any responses!

I always wave to valver and williams drivers (if i see them lol)

Got a wave and a flash from a williams today :D

If i see a cup.. I wave! love them! lol

Clio Trophy #123

After reading this thread (or another on the same subject a week or so back) I have started the casual Hand on top of the wheel and lift the fingers up whilst looking at the oncoming driver (only saluting if they look like they might actually be a member of this forum - grannies / grandads in 1.2s are excluded - unless they wave 1st obviously) . Herewith called the "Clio salute"

So far I feel like a c**t as everytime I have done it so far, I have not had a one responce (and this is at 172, 182 and 1 williams driver)

I always look in the rearview afterwards to see if they have a cliosport.net sticker, none have so far so hey.

Clio solidarity.

All for one. And one for all. ;)

Octavia VRS

I was so close to waving to a silver 182 on way home from work tonight, but didnt in the end...maybe one day!

Astra VXR 17/05/07

When i see a Mini Cooper S i make gestures with my wrists,asking him if he likes coffee :D

Sometimes they indicate back that they would like 2 coffees :D

Vee dub

lol Lee, I do the "Clio salute" to 172 and 182 drivers normally, lol. Feel like a pillock when they dont wave but one day!

Mini Cooper S sport

Is it just me that gets excited when they see another Renault sport? I nearly drive off the road when I see V6s!

I always look to see if the drivers look...and they dont...so I dont..although I did wave at Ady on the M27 the other day :oops:.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

Quote: Originally posted by Clewsy on 12 April 2005

Hi Guys

I was driving my 172 the other morning and saw another RS Clio coming the other way, and the driver waved to me. Since then it has happened twice!!!

Has that happened to anyone else?

always flash when i see one only had 1 flashback, worst was on mway and the person in front of me thought i was flashing them and they slowed down and let me pass then main beamed me for 20 miles!! tw*t!!

anyway i flashed an 04 plate near the western in edinburgh on sat if thats anyone on here

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

I was waiting to pull out of Jaybee motors (renault banbury) last week.... i saw a blue valver coming along the road, so i put down my window and waved at him (Thinking it was SteveA)

It wasnt.... and he just stared at me... haha