ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Acoustic valve?

clio 182 @ 179.5bhp
Hi can anyone tell me what is meant by removing the acoustic valve? What are the advantages and gains? And how its done? Have seen this a mod that some tuners include and am fairly competent with mechanics and i am also booked in for a map next week so thought i may as well have a go. Car is a 182 by the way. Thanks

Monaco RS Clio 172
gives a little more noise, tiny weight loss.. not many other advantage really...?

obviously only extra noise if you are using std air box with panel filter or normal filter.. independant induction kits would not use this valve.. altho I may be wrong?

maybe clearing some room for custom cold air feeds..

clio sport 182
its behind the passengers side headlight pretty much,a rubber tube ran off the plenum creating the vacuum,its stops induction noise apparently,part of the cold air feed to the std air box,just remove it,monk you see monk you do,and as said really decide if it makes a difference for you,i never noticed a change