ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adam's budget racing thread

WRX
Awesome results mate. Bet you are really chuffed. Look forward to watching the video later on this morning.
Cheers Martin. I really am chuffed yes, I know I'm not going to win outright but it's far better than track days, it may be more expensive in terms of seat time but the adrenaline rush is far better.

Cheers Martin. I really am chuffed yes, I know I'm not going to win outright but it's far better than track days, it may be more expensive in terms of seat time but the adrenaline rush is far better.

And you can potentially win some silverware ;)

How many cars are there per class, and how many cars are there total on the grid?

WRX
Class size obviously varies depending on entries. Class A (modified up to 2litre) is the biggest in our series. If we race just as the Tricolore then there are about 16 at the moment but with Nippons it becomes 35-40. We really need to have 20+ to have our own races so it's almost there now.

Looked good fun from the video. Noticed your dummy on the green MX ;)

I don't actually know what the difference is between the Tricolore and Nippons :eek:

So the modified Clios are Class A (Sonny, Dinger, Tony, James, Russ etc) (I saw Sonny up ahead, and Tony in the 106, but couldn't see anyone else?)

And the production class, which is what you run, basic mods allowed etc. Is class what?

@Martin.

Classes

Class A - 1601- 2000cc Multi Valve (Race Clio's)
Class B - 1601-2000cc Dual Valve
Class C - up to 1600cc Multi Valve
Class D - up to 1600cc Dual Valve
Class E – Production class 1601-2000cc (Road Clio's)
Class F – Production class up to 1600cc
Class G – Cars not confirming to the technical regs for the other classes but deemed compatible e.g. Turbo Renault 5’s, diesel turbo’s, cars running engines from other models.

@Martin.

Classes

Class A - 1601- 2000cc Multi Valve (Race Clio's)
Class B - 1601-2000cc Dual Valve
Class C - up to 1600cc Multi Valve
Class D - up to 1600cc Dual Valve
Class E – Production class 1601-2000cc (Road Clio's)
Class F – Production class up to 1600cc
Class G – Cars not confirming to the technical regs for the other classes but deemed compatible e.g. Turbo Renault 5’s, diesel turbo’s, cars running engines from other models.

Wicked, thanks man.

Very interesting thread you have going here. After having a few track days, a few trips to the ring, and a couple of sessions up at Brands I am looking at taking the plunge into Clio ownership which is why I originally clicked on you thread title.

You seem to be doing exceptionally well, congratulations.

Could you give anyone such as my self some pointers?

How have you found the whole venture? Would you recommend it? Apart from your Fathers (and family looking at your cousin) interest in motorsport did you have any prior experience yourself?

Keep up the good work, I look forward to your progress.

WRX
Very interesting thread you have going here. After having a few track days, a few trips to the ring, and a couple of sessions up at Brands I am looking at taking the plunge into Clio ownership which is why I originally clicked on you thread title.

You seem to be doing exceptionally well, congratulations.

Could you give anyone such as my self some pointers?

How have you found the whole venture? Would you recommend it? Apart from your Fathers (and family looking at your cousin) interest in motorsport did you have any prior experience yourself?

Keep up the good work, I look forward to your progress.
I'd recommend it to anyone. I had a rough idea of the costs involved so it wasn't a shock. If you have another half, either make sure they're aware of everything involved or make sure you are a good liar lol. You just need to accept the initial cost involved and accept that the car will be sat doing nothing for months on end. I only did trackdays before I took the plunge.

WRX
Thanks Rob, think you may have to wait until Silverstone tbh. Got a bit of spending to do on this one, a 172 Cup that I'm buying , a holiday and an understanding wife.

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
is the new cup going to be your new race car?
where can you buy them understanding wifes from, i could do with one of those.lol