ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adapters for Head Unit

cock mobile.

What adapters do I need if I want my new head unit to work with my steering control, and display the usual info on the clio display (as well as on the head unit of course).

Can anyone point me to an online store?

Ive tried looking on caraudiodirect.co.uk but there doesnt seem to be any on there.

Its an 03 172 Mk2 Cup btw :)

Cheers.

cock mobile.

Ahh, oh well no worries, how about the steering controls? Surely theres an adapter out there somewhere??

Or does it just work when you plug a head unit in?

sean old buddy old pal

which head unit you putting in??

depending upon manufacturer you have to use different adaptors

Bryan

PS - Put it in the right forum ;)

cock mobile.

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 29 November 2004
yes, halfords do them. depends on make of head unit.

Is that just for the steering control I take it?
Cheers.

cock mobile.

Quote: Originally posted by bambam1 on 29 November 2004
sean old buddy old palwhich head unit you putting in??depending upon manufacturer you have to use different adaptorsBryan

I was thinking of getting a Kenwood, worked good in the old punto, and its around half the price as a similar Alpine (yer I know they look nicer, and are better, but still price!)

Suzuki SV1000S

It is under Steering Controls and you have to buy both the Radio And the Vehicle Controller. Got it on mine so it says Alpine on the display when not doing anything

IIRC then you can get the adaptor for both of them (screen & stalk controls), i cant remember the exact codes, but there will be peopl eon here that should be able to help

there was an FAQ on here a while back for part numbers, but it seems to have been removed as a sticky thread

cock mobile.

Vehicle Interface: £31.99
Radio Interface £4.99

Total: £36.98

Does that sound about right?

sounds very likely, if i were you id check with the lads at sound supreme that you have the correct part numbers, though dont buy from them, as they are a little expensive at times

though the price seems about right, will only be for the stalk controls though

cock mobile.

Quote: Originally posted by George16v on 30 November 2004
yeah thats right matey.

Cheers :D