ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Additions to my car... (Pic Heavy)

Clio 1.2 16v
Hey all a few days ago some of you may remember me posting asking about painting my drums and calipers.

Well the other day i went round to a mates who had painted his and he gave me some hammerite to paint my calipers.

I was unsure what colour to paint the calipers i knew that i wanted to paint the drums black but was unsure about the calipers so i decided to have a go at painting them red but after i had done this and put the alloy back on i realised this was a mistake and decided to repaint them black :cool:

When i took the alloys off my mate gave me some Wonder Wheels car cleaner by car plan. I applied quite a large amount of this to my alloys i have black and chrome wolfrace kendo wheels and they were in need of a good clean because of all the rain we had during the past week.

Anyway after applying all of this and then looking at the alloy they looked amazing but when i washed all of the cleaner off i noticed there was a blue stain on the chrome lip of my alloy. At first i thought this just needed rubbing off but after closer inspection i noticed that the cleaner had stained the alloy.

After this i tried washing if off with just soap and water but this dint work (at this point i was s******* myself) anyway we zoomed down to halfrauds after ringing them he said i would need to bring it in for him to have a look.

When he looked at it i asked him what he could do i thought the alloys was ruined as it was on two of the alloys and looked a rite mess it had only marked the chrome part of it but you could notice this.

Anyway he went inside and bought some chrome polish which he used on the alloy to see if it would work and for once halfords was the best shop in the word as it worked and took the stain off my alloy. The guy told me that it was the cream within the alloy that had just run from using the alloy cleaner.

On the back of the box it did say "DONT USE ON POLISHED CHROME OR SURFACES" lol but i dint read this till afterwords.

Anyway after this i cleaned them all down and go back to painting the drums and calipers and also adding a few more additions just thought i would share this with you all :D

anyway heres the pics

SDC10275.jpg

my drum needed painting looked bad when looking through the spokes of the alloy

SDC10283.jpg

Looking better already :approve:

SDC10286.jpg

wont be that colour for long lol :rasp:

SDC10297.jpg

eww what was we thinking this looks discusting lol

SDC10314.jpg

Devil in disguise lol never use this!!!!!

SDC10279.jpg

super clean alloy there all like this even now :cool:

SDC10292.jpg

my new silvatechs look alot better these :rasp:

SDC10295.jpg

My new aerial i like it looks better than the last one i had

SDC10274.jpg

The clio badge :evil:

Thats all guys hope you like let me know what you think.

Yeah wonder wheels is very very acidic, I always water it down if i'm going to use it (I try not to ever use it though)

You take any pics of the calipers as they look now ?

Only thing I don't like is that aeriel, it looks a bit chavvy bud.

Clio 1.2 16v
need to get the pics of the calipers off my cam now forgot to take them off lol. I would never ever ever use it again nearly had a heart attack lol thought i would have to buy new alloys or at the very least a refurb.

Aww nooo's you dont like the aerial i was unsure at first but now i have come to like it i wunt like to part with it lol

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
keep an eye on that wheel mate, as cat says that wonder wheels is very acidic, not recommended for polished wheels, it may start to dull over a few days,

Clio 1.2 16v
i bought AutoSol polish from halfords the guy there said i just needed to polish it back up now i polished all of the wheels with it and you could see all of the dirt coming out of the chrome there so shiny now i think they look as good as they did when i go them :D

^ as per kic's post your best off keeping an eye on it bud. It may look fine now, but it could (say in a few days) go back to how it was.

kic

get a sealent on them to protect the polishing ;) and they should only need a soapy wash infuture.

ps pour some wonder wheels in the grass and see what happens ;)

Clio 1.2 16v
cheers ill keep an eye on it it happened on thurs so i will have a look how it is tomoz i did spend quite a long time with the polish on it but like you say its best to keep your eye on it cheers for the advice :)

kic

i bought AutoSol polish from halfords the guy there said i just needed to polish it back up now i polished all of the wheels with it and you could see all of the dirt coming out of the chrome there so shiny now i think they look as good as they did when i go them :D

:rolleyes: :nono:

Clio 1.2 16v
lol @ Kic haha i kicked the wonder wheels onto my mates garden after it did that and if you look at the pic of the box it looks a bit squashed thats because i tried to squash it lol

Halfords aren't the greatest shop around put it that way !
I've written some excellent rants on here about them, as have a few others.

They aren't nicknamed Halfrauds for nothing;)

(I best leave it now, don't wanna be accused of spamming etc)

Clio 1.2 16v
Halfords aren't the greatest shop around put it that way !
I've written some excellent rants on here about them, as have a few others.

They aren't nicknamed Halfaruds for nothing;)

(I best leave it now, don't wanna be accused of spamming etc)

lol i carnt say i love the store myself but this time was the only time i was thankful i really could not believe they actually helped me haha. I thought when they said bring it down they was going to say it needs refurbing or maybe they wunt be able to refurb it.

hopefully it will be ok will give it a proper check in the morning and make sure everything is ok with it.

kic

98% of halfords staff aint got a clue IMO,i wouldnt have recommended autosol as iirc theres a fine cutting compound in that??? could mark that painted bits, could be thinking of something else tho, you should always read the labels when using any chemicals,

DSC00128.jpg

Clio 1.2 16v
i have deff learnt my lesson i wont be using any cleaner i dont think from now on unless someone else has used it on wheels similar to mine it was to stressful lol.

Thanks for the pic but i did see this afterwords when my mate shouted ooo i dont think you wanna see this i dont wanna read it lol. I bet the neighbours wondered what we was doing with me screaming do summit lmao lol haha

kic

i have deff learnt my lesson i wont be using any cleaner i dont think from now on unless someone else has used it on wheels similar to mine it was to stressful lol.

Thanks for the pic but i did see this afterwords when my mate shouted ooo i dont think you wanna see this i dont wanna read it lol. I bet the neighbours wondered what we was doing with me screaming do summit lmao lol haha

lollollol, hope it all turns out ok mate and your wheels dont dissolve lol