ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ADJUST TAPITS ON CUP

hello what sort of job is onvolved to adust to tapits on the cup to make the engine quieter? anyone know who can do it..cough cough jay172

Volvo S60 T5

They are not adjustable, they have hydrolic lifters, if yours are noisey then I suggest you get down to your local dealer to do them for you under warranty.

They are not very easy to change, fairly involved jod, cambelt has to be removed, the rocker box also holds the cams in place etc etc.

Dealer only mate, I would not suggest stripping it down or anything yourself as special locking tools are required.

Seems strange that yours is noisey

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the tappets are hydraulic so not adjustable.they are quite noisy engines on the top end though.fitting an engine cover may sheild the noise slightly. never had one that has needed the tappets doing yet to be honest.

Volvo S60 T5

Yeah, could well be, as jay said I have yet to come across a noisey set.

Try changing your oil just in case mate

cheer lads..its only seems to be noisy when idleing? strange..how much are one of those covers then? cheers do you think i should book it in..will the induction kit and exhausr be doing this?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

air filter and exhaust wont cause it.you could book it in to be checked but i dowt theres anything wrong with it.is it due a oil change/service?

no mate had that done last week ..had new oil and everything done ..its has now been done every 6k which worries me why is should sound a little strange!!!