ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

adjustable pulleys?

Clio 172 Ph1.
Is it worth getting these over the std vvt setup?
And what benefits are there?
Would it be both the exhaust and inlet you change, or can you do with just changing the inlet?

2005 Nissan Navara
yes Catcams manufacture them.

depends on the spec of the cams really....wilder ones you tend to ditch the vvt and have fixed lift@tdc.

2005 Nissan Navara
Sorry pal, not many people are going to go to the effort of googling them for you, so if you want help, put the cam spec up.

Plus, If c&b sell them for this engine, and they only list one camshaft spec for this engine, would this not suggest as a camshaft manufacturer they recomend the use of adjustable pulleys??

Clio 172 Ph1.
this is the email i got from c&b
Dear Mr Kennet,
thank you for your last email, please find the offer as follows:

- R2R.SM1 set of camshafts eur 760,00 - 5% internet discount = eur 722,00
- Delivery to Denmark (Courier 2/3 work days) = eur 31,00
------------------------------------
Total goods eur 753,00
Vat eur 150,60
-----------------------------------
Total invoice eur 903,60
For your information, we can also supply Vernier (adjustable) pulleys (with hard grind anodization) at eur 105,00 each for easier adjustment (they are not compulsory for the fitting).
Payment options are : bank draft (without commissions) or Paypal (+3.5% commissions).
Kind regards,
Mauro

So i would guess, just GUESS that they might fit this engine.

Please guys. Give me some help instead of that bull

RS RIP
Kenned , your being a bit silly here

You have contacted Mauro at ACAR Milano and every time someone orders a product from them they say the same thing ; "we can also deliver adjusable pulleys, they are not compulsory for the fitting "

Did he also mention the valve springs ?
He is just letting you know what other products they sell, advertisement !!

And what the guys above are telling you is not "bull" it's fact

Clio 172 Ph1.
and Stan is right Kenned, these cams are made to run on standard situation (probably no benefit to be had with the pulleys)

- Where does it say that they are ment to be with std situation?

- Then why do c&b sell them?

Did he also mention the valve springs ?
He is just letting you know what other products they sell, advertisement !!

And what the guys above are telling you is not "bull" it's fact

- I know its advertisement. But i know catcams also sell adjustable pulleys. and since its an option, i started this thread.

Is it worth getting these over the std vvt setup?
And what benefits are there?
Would it be both the exhaust and inlet you change, or can you do with just changing the inlet?

- no one has answered my questions yet.

And ps, i dont know how to quote.
pps, sorry for the spelling. :)

2005 Nissan Navara
Yes, it's been answered, it depends on the cam spec, you havnt given details of this, so how do you expect a more definitive answer??

ITB'd MK1
dont need adjustable pulleys to dial in cams, even keeping the dephaser. Catcams make a tool for it, think sodemo do too. It's basically an adjustable locking tool

8234_290189995386_583025386_9304475_5410157_n.jpg

Clio 172 Ph1.
One of the main reasons i considered buying them, was to get rid of the dephaser pulley, so i dont have any future problems with that.
But how would that affect the enginge?

Clio 172 Ph1.
Oh trust me.
I have seen what a broken dephaser can do to an engine.
A laguna 2 1,8 16v had just had a head job done. When the car was fired up, it bended all the valves AGAIN. Thats why im afraid of it happening to my engine when i get cams in.

Ph1
^^More like someone didnt do the job right not the actual dephaser being a problem.

Never read of one dephaser issue on here other than noise and the conclusion from the experts seems to be how can it fail anyway...

Its not even on the Renault service schedule iirc

Lionel Richie
from from what i've seen it is impossible for a dephaser to "collapse" they'll get noisy, but won't fail completley, its not possible