ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

adjusting rear coilovers with picture help needed?

A45 AMG 406BHP
got weitec coilovers and apparently i can adjust them?for rear..

i carnt see how to adjust them myself...
but some else may know?

35cebrr.jpg

pic

help?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
The spring should sit on a threaded platform on the rear beam which you can screw either up or down dependant on whether you want to raise or lower the car.

Edit - Found a pic which shows it clearer - The platform sits in the bottom of the spring and has an adjustable ring which you wind up or down thus raising or lowering the rear of the car

Photo0131.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You seem to have removed the threaded ring already... so they're as low as they go.. lol!

If you need a threaded ring, measure the seat diameter, I have a couple of rings at home I don't need but not sure if they'd fit.

A45 AMG 406BHP
i havent removed them. its just a bare thread popping up hense i couldnt see a way to adjust it.
i know the previous owner said something about wanting to go low as it was on 15s previously.

ok i need the platform. seat diameter of the spring yes?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I don't think they'd need to weitec specifically mate, anything would do I'd imagine as they're not going to differ too much from make to make.

You just want the whole lower adjustment platform