ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adrian flux - car inspection

TDI tyre shreader
i have just taken out a new insurance policy with adrian flux and they have just rung to ask when they can perform an inspection on my car??? anyone heard or had this done before?

Ford Mustang 5.0
Jones said:
i have just taken out a new insurance policy with adrian flux and they have just rung to ask when they can perform an inspection on my car??? anyone heard or had this done before?

A inspection is normally carried out in the event of an accident/claim

If you have an agreed value policy they may be inspecting the car in order to apply a valuation although this is normally done with photographs, receipts or a letter of assessment from a garage/tuner.

Best Regards
Neil

TDI tyre shreader
i have some chap coming to my house to inspect my car, havnt had a crash or claimed only been insured with them for 3 days!!! just sounds abit wierd never heard about this before my car is standard anyway so im not that bothered really but its abit of a pain

Ford Mustang 5.0
Sounds very unusual...If you don't have an agreed value policy I'd call them and ask the reason for inspection.

Did they give any indication as to the reason when contacting you to arrange the time?

Regards
Neil

Not a Clio
maybe they've had problems and are doing spot checks to make sure things are above board or maybe something you put in the documentation didn't add up and looked suspicious?

I've been with flux for years and never had a call from them.

Make sure it's not a scam. You leave the guy to check your car over, and next thing you know he's 5 miles down the road!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
very good point, exactly what I was thinking, I have heard of this before though, but it does seem a bit strange in your circumstances.

TDI tyre shreader
i just got off the phone to adrian flux apparently its to check the details of the car enabling them to provide a speedier service!!! checks are done by a company called motorcheck. sounds to me they are checking for mods, milage and condition so they can pay out less in the event of an accident!!!

TDI tyre shreader
Its a new scheme introduced through royal sun alliance who im insured with through adrian flux, i can see why its being implimented as it would solve 'some' hastle if i was to claim, but surely its void the moment he leaves!!

ViolentJ, im sure it is but since it was the best deal i could find from a reputable company its not too bad.

af 770

direct line 880

tesco 1100!!! previous insurers

106 GTi
Some one else posted this the other day. I am on the verge of renewing with royal sun alliance in the next few weeks so it will interesting to see.

havin delt with H*ghw*y insurance before, i've been giving them a wide berth. if you need to claim, may your god be on yourside...

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Mate, I work at flux's its no scam, its just R'S'A (they own more than- all that " more than lucky" crap) trying somthing new- soposed to help speed up claims... nothing to worry about, should help you.

Mike.

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
It was me who posted the other day.

I had my car inspected on wednesday just gone. I'm with Adrian Flux, underwritten by Royal Sun Alliance.

I asked the bloke about it, It is a new idea brought over from South Africa and has been going for 3months over here. The reason is to ensure all details on the policy are correct, so if you do claim in quick and easy with less hassle. Also it makes sure you haven't been over charged or under charged on the policy. I covers both backs.

The inspection team works on a random basis on all new policy holders. I don't think it is as random as they make out.

To be honest its nothing to worry about, the bloke didn't know anything about the car and he didn't even look under the bonnet. i asked if he needed to and his response was " i wouldn't know what i was looking at"

hope that helps

Ant

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
mgrlane said:
Mate, I work at flux's its no scam, its just R'S'A (they own more than- all that " more than lucky" crap) trying somthing new- soposed to help speed up claims... nothing to worry about, should help you.

Mike.

Any chance you can sort out some discount for cliosport members ? Been with flux for a few years on and off ;)

MrBillyUK !

Lee

BMW M2C
Sounds like an excellent idea to me, though as Simon says, someone has to pay for it.

It'll stop people having cars with invalid insurance due to mods, and would certainly speed things up if a claim was made.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Antz182 said:
It was me who posted the other day.

I had my car inspected on wednesday just gone. I'm with Adrian Flux, underwritten by Royal Sun Alliance.

I asked the bloke about it, It is a new idea brought over from South Africa and has been going for 3months over here. The reason is to ensure all details on the policy are correct, so if you do claim in quick and easy with less hassle. Also it makes sure you haven't been over charged or under charged on the policy. I covers both backs.

The inspection team works on a random basis on all new policy holders. I don't think it is as random as they make out.

To be honest its nothing to worry about, the bloke didn't know anything about the car and he didn't even look under the bonnet. i asked if he needed to and his response was " i wouldn't know what i was looking at"

hope that helps

Ant

How they gonna know about any mods if they send along an incompetent balloon like antz182 got ?? Sounds like this guy didn't know his ass from his elbow !

MrBillyUK !

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
MRBILLYUK said:
How they gonna know about any mods if they send along an incompetent balloon like antz182 got ?? Sounds like this guy didn't know his ass from his elbow !

MrBillyUK !

Mate, this is R.S.A. not us!! They trust and leave the underwriting, mods etc to us...
Mike

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
mgrlane said:
Mate, this is R.S.A. not us!! They trust and leave the underwriting, mods etc to us...
Mike

Wasn't slaggin off Adrian Flux mate . Never had a problem with em , just the guy that was sent along to antz182 , obviously he didn't have a clue what he was doin', didn't even check under the bonnet .

MrBillyUK !