ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adrian Flux insurance problems !

PB Clio 172
Does or has anyone else had a bad experience as they are really starting to piss me off

I have been insured with them for 2 years now and back in Sep they annoyed me by sending me an e mail and said your insurance will be cancelled in 7 days unless you send us the modified vehicle report. I have already told them on the phone what has be done to my car and its no big deal anyway, i sent it in the end but have never heard of anything like this before it had to be hand written by me or else!

Next they took my dd out too early so I stopped it and rung them up informed them of this and the girl said thats fine they will re apply after 3 days, nothing more I can do so I checked they would take it out as usual she said yes sure

now they have sent me a e mail as your policy will be cancelled in 7 days and I owe them £300. Pay it in 7 days or else we will cancel it.

I found out that they havent been taking their money out.

Am I stupid or is this 100% their fault? They havent contacted me till now.

I am awaiting a further e mail and they have added a £30 charge on top as I didnt pay the instalments.

Update to follow but I have lost it with Adrian Flux I really have!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I think it might be up to you to make sure your payments are made, not their responsibility to tell you when they can't get them via DD. I'm not 100% however.

PB Clio 172
bearing in mind that I told the girl- ring me or e mail me asap if any problems happen ! so annoying

have been away over Christmas so only know if the dd is out from a bank statement! :rolleyes:

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Call them up tomorrow and explain everything fully to them, then see what they say.

I always found them extremely helpful over the phone. Much easier to explain everything.

PB Clio 172
Well yeah I will, they were helpful on the phone when I told them about the dd changes. Now this .........

Sure if the money was in my account they should have taken it?

update to follow tomorrow..

i dont think they have time to call you etc if something does go wrong, be pretty unlikely for that to happen and expect it to happen with how many customers they must have.

In terms of payments, its up to you to make sure all payments go out, its not really up to them.

Ring them, ill be going back to them soon as i never had an issue :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Why aren't they calling or at the very least writing to the address they have on record ?! Very unprofessional to email with something seemingly serious; i.e.: you might not be covered and have no idea about it. What if you were on holiday or had no access to internet for some reason ?

At least calling they know once they've spoken to you, they've told you what you need to know (and probably got a recording too).

PB Clio 172
Why aren't they calling or at the very least writing to the address they have on record ?! Very unprofessional to email with something seemingly serious; i.e.: you might not be covered and have no idea about it. What if you were on holiday or had no access to internet for some reason ?

At least calling they know once they've spoken to you, they've told you what you need to know (and probably got a recording too).

thankyou, you see my point ! The missed payment was back in Dec 5th, they e mailed me on sat 21st and said this insurance will cancel in 7 days. I understand I should check but seeing I have been away I cant all the time. Its been the dd agreement since June that they take a certain amount out of my account, simple, nothing has changed! and how long does a simple phone call take? its shocking service ! :evil:

It might not seem to you that it would take long, but multiply that by how many issues they would have, it just wouldnt be possible.

Similar to most things like this, bounced DD with bank, they send you a letter rather than calling you, etc.

Ring them, explain the issue - im sure you will be fine :)

PB Clio 172
I will ring them depending on what the e mail says, I felt it was much better to send a long e mail to explain my issues with them. I dont agree with you that they would have no time to call me. I was assured 100% on a rec call that if anything goes wrong with the dd to be contacted asap. Adrian Flux want you to get into trouble and risk the fact I could be driving without insurance! The dd was not bounced as you put it, the company did not take the money out!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
email seems to the the way now, and its just easier i imagine - automated if you like

For a gentle nudge for a reminder etc, OK, acceptable. For something serious, no f**king way. Not on at all.

Would you email the cops if someone was breaking into your house ?

(OK a tad OTT but similar point)

LOL, thats not quiet the same. With car insurance it seems email is the norm now a days. My whole claim was done through email - £5300's worth of it. Not one phone call apart from the first one i made.

There will be a reason why its happened, op's fault or adrian flux's.

Sure itll be fine :)

PB Clio 172
LOL, thats not quiet the same. With car insurance it seems email is the norm now a days. My whole claim was done through email - £5300's worth of it. Not one phone call apart from the first one i made.

There will be a reason why its happened, op's fault or adrian flux's.

Sure itll be fine :)

yeah must be my fault ! seeings the money has been in my account since !

Thanks for the support 'Evilgiraffe ' my car could have been in a police compound ! :nono:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm not sure your car would be impounded. Just more hassle than you needed if something happened.

Er... :rasp:

lol :p

Regarding your payments, after reading through t+c's on my policy it is your responsibilty to make sure they are paid - As its a credit agreement you have signed up to.

But i see your frustration.

PB Clio 172
update is that I have spoken to them and they say that I cancelled the dd which I did but I told the girl that the same day I did it, I was told the wrong information by the girl. Would they admit that they were wrong? no I have to pay 3 big instalments now with a charge they wouldn't remove it for me as they said I would have had a charge from the first company anyway. Adrian Flux have got right down in my view, they are not helpful, tell you incorrect information on the phone, e mails don't mean anything, won't contact you when you ask them, in general a very bad insurance company. Can't wait till June when I can look for another! :dapprove: