ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ADSL - whats this mean?

Golf GTI 1.8T
Just had some trouble with my adsl connection so rebooted the router. Anyway while I was in the belkin adsl console I was clicking about and came accross this.

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Line Rate[/FONT] 1152 Kbps 288 Kbps[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
Attainable Line Rate[/FONT]
10944 Kbps 1044 Kbps

Does that mean my line can take up to nearly 11mb's??
Not that I want it because my 2mb update should be coming through some day this week, just curious.

Cheers

172 Cup
It means that providing the line doesn't drop in quality and/or attenuation levels don't increase any more then using 6dB as a SNR "cut off" you should, in theory, be able to attain 10944kbps down (that would be ADSL2+ obviously).

Golf GTI 1.8T
oh right thats interesting as I'm pretty much out in the sticks, didn't think I could receive bulldog speeds. whats the 6dB stuff about griff?

172 Cup
6dB is generally regarded as the lowest SNR level with which DSL can remain connected.

Take into account I used the words "in theory" above. In you live in the sticks in reality any LLU supplier (current 8mb+ service providers) wouldn't even bother enabling your exchange and ADSL2+ over IPStream is a long way off.

Golf GTI 1.8T
oh ok cheers for that. ermm now im freaked out to what i've done, after rebooting my router my laptop isnt indicating wifi as usual even though I'm still using the net and it actually feels faster now than earlier. think its one of those restart jobbys. :)

Golf GTI 1.8T
would love to if my home phone could call they support number, gonna have to call them tomorrow and get them to unlock premium rate numbers even though it ain't it still dissconects as if it is. have you got the wireless one?

Golf GTI 1.8T
cheers for that, got the wifi back now, but it wont load certain pages now. firefox times out on them, and mums getting really annoyed as it works fine on the sites I use lol