ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice for sub and amp install

Hi,

thinking of adding to my exisiting amp and sub and doing a boot install

Currently have
Amp - MRD-M300 - MRD-M300 2Channel V12 Series Amplifier
Sub - JBL 12" 450w

I am going to add another JBL sub and wondered if the amp could handle the both or would it sound totally sh*te...if thats the case as i already have the amp is a better idea to run 2 identical amps (1 for each sub) or just get a big one that will run 2 x 450w subs?

Also doing a install with each sub at a 45 degree mounted angle each side of the boot and the amp mounted in the middle between them.

Anyone got any pix of this kinda install so i can see what it looks like in the flesh.

Cheers chapps!

Skoda Fabia vRS

is the MRD-M300 not a monoblock ????

it is mate

that amp will be perfect for the subs, as they are single voice coil 4ohm, meanin that if you put 2 of em on the amp it will see a 2ohm load, i.e more power out of it, usually more than double as the alpine monoblocks are designed to be run at 2ohm

cool..ta ...no...saves me getting a pair!

Now does anyone have any pics of an install as described above for a clio 182 boot?

Amp in the middle and two 12" subs mounted at 45 degree angle inwards..or any other ideas for a boot space destroying install?

Nike Lunar Elite's

Do your subs not have to be capable of running 2ohm as my JL sub had 3 different listings, 4, 2, and1 ohms???

Skoda Fabia vRS

you can get some subs in different ohms so that you can buy what best fits what your trying to achieve and what amp you have

if you connect 2, 4ohm, single voice coil subs, to an amp, the amp will see 2ohm, which is good for power in most cases