ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice needed

330Ci (Fail)Sport
hes listening but people arent hearing...

With a family member not well is 'seems' the easisest
option is to pay up some money.
We all know this is wrong, however in the OP's circumstances it
would seem he wants the harrassment to end, rather than endure some sort
of long winded event.....

Maybe at this moment in time the OP isnt strong enough to defend against the
w*nker
thats 2 traders in a week ruining it for genuine sellers

name and shame again required

s

Yeah it would seem reasonable but the guy who bought the car doesn't sound like a decent guy, so if the OP gives in and coughs up once, what's to stop the buyer coming back for more?

Nobody wants to go through this kind of crap let alone in the OP's current position, but if you ignore the calls, it'll stop. There'll most likely be a lot more stress going down there, paying once and being hassled for more money after than just ignoring it now. A quick chat with CAB should confirm the majority of the advice in the thread.

If the OP pays for this, then two days later something else breaks, then something else isn't roadworthy, then the **** of a buyer will want compensation for not being able to sell it sooner etc. Giving in and paying even half of it will cause more hassle than ignoring him.

Black clio ph2 172
Spoke to trading standards this morning and they have also put my mind to rest

Thanks for all your support guys

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Spoke to trading standards this morning and they have also put my mind to rest

Thanks for all your support guys

Cool, next time he calls just tell him that trading standards have confirmed that section 14 of the 1979 sale of goods act doesnt apply to private sellers and that you are happy to see him in court for them to tell him that if he doesnt beleive you.

Case closed.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
You didn't go and see him I hope?

That would have been about the worst thing you could have done, as by doing so, it would let him know that you accepted there was an issue that needs sorting out.

As SO many other on here have alreadys said...there is no issue that needs sorting out.

He's a trader, the deal he got from you wasn't as good a deal as he had hoped. Tough sh*t tbh.

I'm glad you've spoken to Trading Standards and aren't giving in easily - it's all too easy to buckle to pressure and this is what this guy clearly works on. I'm sure your family wouldn't want to see you out of pocket just because it seems the easier option at the time!

I hope you get no more hassle :)

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
Wow, this trader is just a complete tw*t!

You should name and shame so we can all avoid the misfourtune of meeting this c**t in the future!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Who is the trader? i think someone nearby should go view it and see if he mentions any problems.

then if he calls you again you can tell him hes said himself there are no problems... providing he doesnt mention the PAS problem... which i doubt he will.

hope this gets sorted with quickly and easily though

Last edited:
In a time like this with a family member ill he is the last thing you need.

So tell the c*nt to jog the f*ck on! And laugh in his face. He can't touch you.

Offer to buy it back off him for a grand less, that's what I would do to shut him up!

Sorry to hear about your father in law.

Good luck.

Black clio ph2 172
My farther in law has become really ill and simply do not have the time or the will power to carry this on.

we are really suffering at the moment and this situation had to be dealt so i can Concentrate on supporting my wife

a signed disclaimer form was created and a payment was made.. the matter has now been closed

I know that everyone will think i'm stupid but the family circumstances are my priority

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST-3
Clearly did, which in the circumstances I can really understand. But posting a thread and asking for advice then ignoring all of it... pointless.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Fingers crossed your father in law is ok mate, thats the main thing, the rest is only money. not important.

fez

Clio 182 cup
that trader will no doubt continue his fine work if its been paid, as his methods worked :banghead:, if its not been paid good job! and all the best with the issues your having

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Clearly did, which in the circumstances I can really understand. But posting a thread and asking for advice then ignoring all of it... pointless.

He didnt ignore all of it, he took the advice that if he did give payment he should get a signed disclaimer stating that was the end of the matter.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I think, perhaps on reflection we assess our own charactor in this scenario & if such a thing should happen to us, we would be well placed to defend our position in terms of not paying any money,

From ready the OP's posts its obvious that his priorities are with family members & the distress that was causing, & for that reason he has made the right decision in his eyes, whether we believe that to be wrong or not-

It would be helpful for future customers to name the trader as his then he may well have the last laugh around spreading the bad word...

Maybe we will never know....

Steve

Cilo 172& BMW M3 CSL
Seems odd that you opened a thread 3-11-2011 asking for help with your 'serious power steering fluid leak' ???
I dont agree with the trader but I also dont agree with selling a car with a known problem :(

fez

Clio 182 cup
Seems odd that you opened a thread 3-11-2011 asking for help with your 'serious power steering fluid leak' ???
I dont agree with the trader but I also dont agree with selling a car with a known problem :(

well knowing that its no the wonder he is pi$%ed if thats the case

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy

This kinda puts a slightly different complexion on the whole affair and although I can understand in his position wanting the whole affair out of the way, knowing the pump was probably faulty surely had an effect on his thinking.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Agreed, this thread made it sound like the trader found some really trivial issue that the seller didnt know about, not that the seller tried to misleadingly sell a car with a known fault.

Clio 182 Trophy
I had the same problem when I sold my classic sti scooby. He had it for nearly a half an hour test drive car was running perfect and never gave me any problems... The guy then phones me two days later and says the head gasket had went and he wanted me to pay for the whole thing to repair the car he also threatened with legal action but I stood my ground as cars are sold as seen and I said if he wanted warrenty he should have bought off a dealer.. So Definately stand your ground as I looked into it and he can do nothing about it you are.not in the wrong...