ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on 172 cup please

Audi TT225
Hi guys thinkin very seriously about buyin a cup now and have found what seems to be a good one however it has a few mods.

I like to keep my cars pretty standard but mint so was wondering if these mods on a cup would hinder its reliability or shorten life on anything major?

Please help?

"Its fitted with an uprated mappable SMT-6 ECU and it has also had manifold matching carried out, as well as a Pipercross Viper Induction Kit and a full Stainless exhaust system. The backbox is one of the stealth variety so it looks identical to the OEM system and does not stick out under the bumper. It also has a sports cat fitted so no problems come MOT time."

Ta :S

Audi TT 225
Thats a great set of mods to have fella, it will make the car much more drivable, I wouldn't say any less reliable either. It will probably use a little more fuel than a standard one but it would be much more enjoyable with those mods. Money well spent on it by the sounds of it.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Meh, bin the viper, they really are poor, Make the car 'lag' between 2-3k. Standard airbox and ITG filter is what you need, but these can be picked up cheaply. :) Inlets are a good mod.

Audi TT225
Cheers guys,

TBH if it didnt have the mods i prob would have bought it by now so just making sure they wont a "long term detrement" to the car or ruin its drivability character.

May sound strange but i really appreciate these 172 cups 182's etc for what they are...? lol

Audi TT 225
Buy it, then sell the mods on? Doubt you would have a problem selling viper / exhaust / cat / manifold and get swaps for original items + cash?

Audi TT225
Im ok with them being on there aslong as they are ok and dont fook the car up. As far as i know the suspension is all standard etc so handling and stuff shouldnt be spoilt from original?

Would servicing be any different other than the air filter?

Sounds like someone who did want the car and looking after it.

The mods won't harm the car would do more for the engine than you'd think as the fueling hopefully correct for the exact car not an off the shelf remp as such.