ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on bonnets

MK1 PH2 BLACK CLIO 1.2
Hi folks. My wee clio is nearly ten years old and still has the original battery, so when it let me down for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago I wasn't too surprised. I needed it started though as I had to go somewhere. I told my mate to get out and see if we could 'bump' start it. Oh dear. He's not the brightest. He jumped up in the air and landed his bony ass on my bonnet right in front of me! It made a right mess.

Now I have to sort i out (preferrably on the cheap, I'm a student). Was just wondering if anyone knows where I could pick up a second hand 16v bonnet or a 16v bulge vent (the dents are in the right place to be replaced by a bulge). I like the look of the ones on k-tec but can't afford a new one. My mates pretty good at bodywork and paintwork (it's his trade) but I fancy the 16v look so rather than get it smoothed I see it as opportunity to change the bonnet.

Any help?

Punto/Clio GTT
hey, if i was you ide browse the for sale section you should be able to pick up a 16v bonnet for 40 quid or so. while your at it, you could also throw on 16v wings maybe? theyre wider than standard and also made of plastic. i paid 45 pound delivered for my williams wings off someone off here.

blending in a 16v bonnet bulge just wouldnt be as cost effective as just buying a 16v bonnet. only time ide say blend in a 16v bonnet vent onto a mk 1 clio is if you have a phase 3 with the rounder headlights

Leon Cupra R 225
is ur clio a 1.2? I had a P reg mk1 phase 2 though it was 8v and have a brand new bonnet for it which never got put on as i got an 02 reg a few weeks after gettin the bonnet.

a 16v/williams bonnet will set you back about £100, you may be able to get one a bit cheaper though.
The wings are about £30 each brand new from renault (they will obviously need to be painted etc)

MK1 PH2 BLACK CLIO 1.2
Tommyboy - how much would you take for that bonnet? Mite be interested.

Cheers cat171. Hoping for one a bit cheaper than that but if it comes to it I'm not going to drive around with those dents. I'd never thought about the wings before today that'll give me something to think about.

MK1 PH2 BLACK CLIO 1.2
Thanks for all your help guys. I rang round some mates and managed to track down a 16v bonnet locally for £65. Apparently it's in great condition so unless that's not true I'm sorted. Thanks again.