ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on detailing machine needed.

Clio 172
Ok, I was thinking of getting the Meguires G220 from www.cleanyourcar.co.uk but i've done a search on CS and found that lots of people have had issues with their reliability.

So, i have £170ish to spend on a detailing machine (with some polishes etc to get me started).

What do you people recommend?

106 GTi
Worth doing a search on here a few threads on it - a few people are going for the Kestral at the moment.

Clio 172
cheers Rich, yeah, i've read some good things about the Kestral. What would be your personal recommendation to go for?

The problems with the G220 have been unfairly reported and exaggerated imho. Myself I have only had 3% returns over the last year, speaking to other dealers they all report the same. Not only that but Meguiar's customer service has been brilliant!!

The Kestrel DAS-6 Dual Action Polisher is also a great machine and is getting some fab reviews. For the money you really can't go wrong plus they have a repair / service centre here in the UK.

Available with 7.5% cliosport members discount!

Last edited:
  106 GTi
cheers Rich, yeah, i've read some good things about the Kestral. What would be your personal recommendation to go for?

I have an US spec porter cable bought back in the days when you could not get them over here so can't really comment. Would have probably got the Kestral too if I was buying today - not tried it or the G220 though.