ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice on general ......

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

maintance , I need help! I hav run out of wiper fluid, can i make a mixture myself an add some anti-freeze to it ? Have any of you done this ?

Also I hav had my car for bout 18months an its done just over 7k miles an I hav never changed the oil or filters , i have checked the oil level with the onboard computer and it says "oil ok" but there is sometimes a smell from the air vents , is this the filters ? or just a smelly council estate ?

Please and thanks for your replies, esp the wiper fliud its empty right now

:-o

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

dont put anti freeze in your screen wash, proper screen wash should be fine. If you read the bottle it will provide you with the correct mixture information.

Ph1

With the anti-freeze all I do is fill about say half the bottle with water (the cars) then use that stuff from halfords think its in a greeny-blue container as per instructions and then top off with more water until full easy.

The smell from the air vents could be a bacterial build up through not using the air-con enough. Think you just need to change the fillters but not 100% sure.

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

thanks guys , will just giv it a rub down wit some windowlean cloths i got an get some screen wash tomm. Sorry andyman i mean just norm air vents , aint got air con *sniff* I know my car has gotta get a service before 2 yr old i just dont wanna be running low on anything , im a idiot and dont wanna abuse my car .

Thanks again guys

Fabia vRS

Change ur oil...Renaults stuff after 10months was like witch piss on mine, n had a lot of condensation building up....emptyied it all out n got some Castrol Magnatec in...mmmmmm slightly expensive but worth it IMO