ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on keeping my 182 looking mint.

I have always been quite lazy with washing my old clio, just got a wash and shamy once every 2 weeks. now i have this boootyful looking racing blue 182, i want to keep her looking her best. Can you give a quick summary of how you wash/detail your car and the products you use? I am particularly interested in what you do after washing it, cheers Tom

Full Fat 182
Its a case of where do we begin to be honest and you'd be better off reading the guides of detailingworld.com for a more detailed opinion.

Which products you use is all down to personal preference, but as a bare minimum you should be looking to get the following;

# 2 buckets (clear ones if you can) - 2 bucket method explained on wash guide

# Lambswool/microfibre washmitt (1 of each maybe)

# Meg's Gold Class/NXT car shampoo.

# Megs/Poorboys microfibre waffle weave towel

The products listed here are my personal fav's but like i said its down to your own personal preference so experiment if the bank balance will allow

Could go on and on, and trust me once you've started you wont stop so be warned of the can your gona open...

AceJon

106 GTi
Also look into a Good Quick Detail Spray to use after washing.

Will remove any water spots, maintain the just waxed look, Meaning you dont need to be waxing all the time.

As well as washing, they is Polishing to remove paint defects, marring and swirl Marks.

Waxing and Sealing to protect your paintwork.

Good article in the Members only are covering the whole process

http://www.cliosport.net/index.php?ind=reviews&op=entry_view&iden=36