ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on Products for different stages of 'detailing'

Hi all, I want give my car a 'detail' or deep clean? Im not sure, Im going to list the steps Im going to take and what products I already have if you could recommend me a product for each stage that I dont have one or one thats better than what I have please let me know :) Ill bold steps where i dont have a product... or let me know if I need to add a stage or change the order? Thanks!

I only have around 30-40£ to put the below as well (tight I know!!)

1. Rinse car down with the hose pipe - water:rasp:
2. Snow Foam - AutoBrite MagiFoam
3. De-Contanimate
4. Wash car using 2 buckets + multiple microfibers
5. Jet Wash car to remove any suds
6. Dry car using microfibers
7. Clay car, I will use AG Rapid Detailer as lube but I have no bar
8. Clean wheels with wonder wheels hot wheels + wheel brush
9. Jet wash wheels clean
10. dry wheels with microfibres
11. wash car again using 2 buckets + microfiber
12. dry car with microfibers
13. Tape up gaps to stop polish gettin in them
14. Polish Car - AutoGlym Super Resin Polish - Was thinking of using AF tripple instead?
15. Seal with AutoGlym Extra Gloss protection
16. Black tyres with autoglym instant tyre dressing
17. Seal wheels
18. Clean glass with Auto Glym Fast Glass
19. Address black plastic
20. Wax - I was using Dodo Juice Blue Velvet but not been very impressed and nearly out of my sample
:rasp:

thanks!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
1. Rinse car down with the hose pipe - water:rasp:
[/B]8. Clean wheels with wonder wheels hot wheels + wheel brush
9. Jet wash entire car clean
4. Wash car using 2 buckets + multiple microfibers - AF Lather / DDJ born to be mild and a sheepskin mitt
3. De-Contanimate carpro Ironx and TarX
[/B]5. Jet Wash car to remove any suds
7. Clay car, I will use AG Rapid Detailer as lube but I have no bar - Meguiars or autoglym clay kits from halfords are fine
6. Dry car using microfibers - i4detailing uber yellow drying towel
13. Tape up gaps to stop polish gettin in them
14. Polish Car - AutoGlym Super Resin Polish - Was thinking of using AF tripple instead?
15. Seal with AutoGlym Extra Gloss protection
16. Black tyres with autoglym instant tyre dressing
17. Seal wheels
18. Clean glass with Auto Glym Fast Glass
19. Address black plastic
20. Wax - I was using Dodo Juice Blue Velvet but not been very impressed and nearly out of my sample
:rasp:

You can try substituting SRP and EGP with autofinesse tripple and toughcoat, no need to wax over the top but you can if you like, the autoglym tire and plastic dressings aren't that good. Autofinesse revive is much better on plastics and can be used on tyres if you want but may get expensive, look at megs endurance.

Have a look for the recent autofinesse review threads

LY 200 EDC LUX
I'd recommend AF satin finish for the tyres. I've used it on the last couple of cars I've done and its cracking stuff.........plus it smells nice lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm not as experienced as most on here but i'll throw my 2p in...

Megs endurance is the best tyre dressing imo. Lasts bloody ages!

SRP is better than triple (imo!)

Autoglym plastic dressing is a bit pony too. The first drop of rain will see it all running down your paintwork. Not durable at all.

For claying, this week i'm going to try this clay mit everyone on here loves. It gets great reviews.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Megs Endurance is my go to Tyre Dressing.

Revive for plastic trim or Dressle for Arches/Grills/Engine Bay.

Used my Farcella mitt a few times now and still loving it, So efficient and can really tell when the area is free of contaminants.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I have loads of AG products already - SRP, EGP, Fast Glass, Rapid Detailer, Tyre Dressing.

I had clean wheels, shampoo and wheel seal - but wasnt impressed with any of them tbh

I edited my post before realising you quoted me :eek:

ive bought some of the AF tyre dressing, will report back after trying it. Hopefully it's as good as revive.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
If on a budget EGP would offer some protection on your wheels but not a great deal.

Carpro Dlux or GT C5 will offer very good protection.

Just placed an order with AF!

Lather
Revive
Some Applicators
Hide Cleanser

Ive got the following to hit the car with already;
AG SRP
AG EGP
AG Fast Glass
Wonder Wheels Hot Wheels
Bare Microfibers
AG Tar Remover
AG Instant Tyre Dressing
AG Rapid Detailer
AG Clay Bar

To Buy;
Armor All Wheels

Getting a free wax from AF so will use whatever that is!

Yeah I want something I can just spray on the wheels, the armor all stuff is actually pretty good I think? Tommy95 has been using it how u finding it?

I've already gone over my wheels before I put them on the car with SRP EGP then DDJ BV so hoping they won't need too much ;p

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I love megs endurance. My last bottle is years old and is nearly empty so I got a new bottle when in Halfords the other week.

The old one is quite thick and a dark red/pink colour.
the new one is runnier and is more purple in colour. I hope its as good as it was!

Yeah I want something I can just spray on the wheels, the armor all stuff is actually pretty good I think? @Tommy95 has been using it how u finding it?

I've already gone over my wheels before I put them on the car with SRP EGP then DDJ BV so hoping they won't need too much ;p

C2V3 or Reload works nicely on wheels, glass, paintwork and metalwork, so that might be a good option for you. Pretty simple spray on buff off product.

I would stay away from the decontamination mitts as you will not be following it up with a machine polish and they can inflict damage. Bilt Hamber mild clay would be a better option and you only need water/water:shampoo mix to act as lube.

C2V3 or Reload works nicely on wheels, glass, paintwork and metalwork, so that might be a good option for you. Pretty simple spray on buff off product.

I would stay away from the decontamination mitts as you will not be following it up with a machine polish and they can inflict damage. Bilt Hamber mild clay would be a better option and you only need water/water:shampoo mix to act as lube.

Cheers matey! :)