ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on wheel size

t0m

Megane 225 Turbo
I've got my new Clio mk3 now with standard 16" wheels on. They look fine but don't fill the arches a great deal, and I think it would look better with 17's on. The other alternative is lowering, but I'm yet to find a manufacturer for the mk3 Clio regarding springs. All the popular modifying sites don't have it listed.

The questions is how much difference to acceleration and handling etc would 17" wheels make in comparison to the 16's? What's the better option, lowered on 16's or left as is on 17's? I've seen a lot of people talk bad about 17's but thats on the old Clio, mines bigger so would the same logic still apply or not?

Thanks.

ktec sell the springs there some coilovers kits out for the car k and R I think do a set.

Acceleration etc will only make a difference is the circumferance of the tyre gets bigger you could get some very low profile and think 18 and have a fater accelerating engine than a car with 15's and big wide high profile tyres.