ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on why my cars so S*1T!!!!! (Lights!)

R.I.P 182
OK well my bonnet release has been broken, as if the cable came loose, but managed to fix that last night (and will take it to someone to fix on my next day off..)

However, went out for food with a friend, came back, and my headlights didnt work. So, took them off automatic which didnt help.

All my other lights / indicators / wipers are working.. the fuses are fine.. Got someone to check the engine bay and he said where my bonnet release was stuck, the oil cap and the something unit came loose, which may have moisture in it which could have stopped the lights working..

Now whats the realistic chance that it will fix itself? Or is it gonna cost me hundreds?! (i hear £90 per xenon and £700ish for whatever died on my friends 182!!)

Thanks to everyone that txt/facebooked helped.. however, mega broke, and wanna weigh all my options before i take it to renault to rape me!!

Thankya!

Black 197
Have you checked the bulbs to see if they are busted?????

I think both bulbs going at the exact same time is highly unlikey tbh.. But then again dare i say it it is a Renault.. Highly unpredictable lil things they are

Clio 182
Lol both of Tupps sidelights went on his at exactly the same time i think..
Only things it can be is bulbs, fuses or wiring surely....

Unlikely the xenon bulbs have gone, even if they have the proper renault bulbs are about £120 but normal aftermarket ones are only bout £20.

R.I.P 182
Checked that. Seems to be fine. Spoke to renault and they want to have a look, should I get someone else to look first?

09 GIXXER 750!!!
OK well my bonnet release has been broken, as if the cable came loose, but managed to fix that last night (and will take it to someone to fix on my next day off..)

However, went out for food with a friend, came back, and my headlights didnt work. So, took them off automatic which didnt help.

All my other lights / indicators / wipers are working.. the fuses are fine.. Got someone to check the engine bay and he said where my bonnet release was stuck, the oil cap and the something unit came loose, which may have moisture in it which could have stopped the lights working..

Now whats the realistic chance that it will fix itself? Or is it gonna cost me hundreds?! (i hear £90 per xenon and £700ish for whatever died on my friends 182!!)

Thanks to everyone that txt/facebooked helped.. however, mega broke, and wanna weigh all my options before i take it to renault to rape me!!

Thankya!

I will join your club of owning as sh1t 182!!!!

Mine has a fault that no one can find whats wrong with it three garages later and its off to renault next week who want £75 investigation charge !!!!!!! french piece of Sh1t!

BMW M135i
Assuming the fuses are ok and the stalk is fine too, it could end up being the UCH which will cost a few pennys.