ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice please- PAS pipe fitting

Monaco 53/468
I need advice please!

Anyone do a quick guide on replacing the high pressure power steering pipe on an 02 plate 172 please

tools needed
general 'how to..'
approx time taken etc etc

Thanks in advance

Steve

Monaco 53/468
come on guys, thought you were all clever moookanics that want to share your wealth of knowledge!

HELP ME PLEEEEEEASE!

thanking you

Lionel Richie
its not that bad fella, just use common sense, you have to unbolt the line from the gearbox, from the rack, from the pump, IIRC there's another fixing off the rack

and it comes out through the passenger side wheel arch

Monaco 53/468
well I got all the bolts off bar one and it started pissing down, thunder and lightening - typical!

Had some scram and got back to it, now though I can't seem to undo the pipe at the rack

Any suggestions/tips? There doesn't seem to be enough room to get a spanner in there because of the other pipes going into the rack

Frustrated isn't the word. Am I being stupid, is there something I'm missing or is it just a bastid to get too?!

172 Ph1
when it comes to un-doing these pipes on the rack there is two options
First you need a special 17mm and 19mm snap-on deep socket with a cut-out of the socket works a treat if you can get your hands on them. emagine a brake pipe spanner has a cut at the end, the socket is obviously a longer version

Second way would be to remove the 2 smaller pipes (use of an 11mm or 12mm spanner) from the rack so you could then get an 17mm and 19mm spanner in onto the others good luck