ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice please ref 182

Hi all,

Would be very gratefull if you guys could answer a few point for me. I am looking to buy a nearly new 182, Am I correct in thinking that most people prefer to buy a std model, then add the cup parts to it rather than just buy the cup model.

If so, how much are the "cup" bits as extras? and what do you do to make the wheels grey?? - do you just get them sprayed?

Many thanks,

Anthony

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

most people inc me have brought the 182 with cup bits as it is only a few hundred quid more

you cant buy the cup suspension seperate but you can get the spoiler and splitter but IMO you would be better getting a cupped 182 there are more about than the non cupped 182
BTW welcome

[Edited by M.C.. on 12 February 2005 at 9:34pm]

many thanks,

I am test driving one tomorrow and cant wait :)

If I do end up with a "non cupped" one do you mean it is about £300 to "upgrade" the looks to that of the cup?

what extras spec do the non cup cars come with in leiu of the suspension and body parts?

thanks again

anthony

Lee

BMW M2C

Judging by what people have on here, the 182 with Cup packs is more popular than without. You cant really add the Cup suspension packs afterwards. If you intend to mod that side of things you could just get a standard one.

The Cup pack adds anthracite wheels, stiffer dampers, springs, slightly lower.

The other Cup pack adds a larger rear spoiler and front splitter.

Pics of mine with both cup packs in my profile.

there are the 182 and the 182 cup models. the 182 cup comes without xenons, leather/alcantara interior, full climate aircon but comes with the cup handling and cup spoiler packs as std. the 182 is dearer but comes with leather/alcantara, xenon lights, full climate aircon, and a few other extras but does not come with the "cup" handling pack or spoiler pack as std you have to spec these at an additional cost. IMO you really should spec both of these pack as a matter of course if you chose to order a 182 rather than a 182cup.

RB182cup&golf gti

get a cup you can get a brand new one for the price of a nearly new 182 and the cup already has the cup suspension and spoiler pack, you do lose a few toys though so depends what youre after, both mint cars, even the non cupped 182s

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

As you say youre looking for a nearly new 182, i dont suppose theres gonna be many cups about yet as theyve only been out a few weeks. So like most people have said, a 182 with the cup packs has to be a better 2nd hand purchase...all the bits are already on the car for you! Paid for mostly by someone else... Bargain!!

But which ever you decide.. youll love it.. goodluck with the purchase!

Shhh

Quote: Originally posted by yubnub1 on 12 February 2005

many thanks,

I am test driving one tomorrow and cant wait :)
A tip for the dealer...!

Brand New 182 (not cup, or cup packs) in Silver £11,400....!!!!!

I got a 04 182 with both cup packs and 12k on clock for £10,600.

tiTTy & SV650

I have an un-cupd 182 cause I do a lot of long journeys and its comfier! Its not as if the standard 182 suspension isnt sports tuned, just not quite as firm as the cup pack.

Granted the cup will have better turn in and less body roll probably, Ive never driven one, and I presume most who buy 182s with cup pack havent driven one without it.

At the end of the day if I get a new job and dont need to drive such long distances Ill add coilovers! :D

Your choice, ps I dont like the anthracite on Arctic blue anyway ;)

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 14 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 14 February 2005

Granted the cup will have better turn in and less body roll probably
they dont, those 182s ROLL
what you comparing?

If you compare a 182 to a cupd 182 Id say the cupd will have better turn in and less roll than a standard 182...

put it this way ive had 172 cup and now have a standard 182 and im kicking myself i didnt get the cup options on my new 182 the cup editions are some what better for ragging but if u want some !!! comfort i did say some then get a standard 182 still a lovely motor does anyone diagree ????

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by quickshift on 14 February 2005

put it this way ive had 172 cup and now have a standard 182 and im kicking myself i didnt get the cup options on my new 182 the cup editions are some what better for ragging but if u want some !!! comfort i did say some then get a standard 182 still a lovely motor does anyone diagree ????
exactly!

But when you put coilovers on your 182 itll be better than a cupd 182... just itll cost you more

Im in the same sutuation as yourself...

Im ready to buy just doing a bit of final research to get the best deal.....

Renault....£12.7K INC both cup packs and metallic

Car select......£12.2K as above (FULL UK Car including delivery). I dont think ill be able to beat this to be honest.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by chizzy on 14 February 2005

Im in the same sutuation as yourself...

Im ready to buy just doing a bit of final research to get the best deal.....

Renault....£12.7K INC both cup packs and metallic

Car select......£12.2K as above (FULL UK Car including delivery). I dont think ill be able to beat this to be honest.
contact arnold clark, both cup packs and metallic paint for £11900 last time I was in... Plus I bought one at that price!