ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice please

Jag Mondeo -Type
Hi expert deteailers. I got a few sratches on my bumper, all the way through the paint into plastic, they have been touched up a lot and sanded flush with really fine wet and dry, however the surrounding paintwork has lost some of its shine, tried using loads of t-cuts, polishes, etc but can't seem to bring the full shine back into it. Anyone have any suggestions or products thats worth trying??

Thanks Duncan

sounds to me like you've taken off the laquer. When this happens the paint becomes dull and lacks any shine or reflectivity.

I think a bodyshop may be able to re lacquer the bumper but im not sure.

A well built VW
How fine was the wet/dry you used on it ? 2500 or 3000 wuld have done the job
I know you said you have used polish but have you tried using a cutting polish around the surounding area ? May be an idea to get someone with a pc or rotory to have a quick blast as long as the laquer is still on it

Jag Mondeo -Type
Cheers, I can't remember what grade of wet and dry i used, it was the finest stuff that Halfrauds sell and i used it wet. The area still has a good shine and reflectivity so don't think i have gone through the lacquer (I hope) just not quite as mirror like as the rest of the car. Its only a small patch and its hardly visible, just being pedantic! Car detailing is addictive isn't it!