ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice please?

pat-t2phy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio trophy
Last night my clio was damaged by hail stones the size of golf balls, roof and bonnet mainly. Spoke to a bodyshop and was told Insurance would write it off. Spoke to insurance and was told they would not cover it as it was "act of god". But could put a "faults claim" in. I have protected no claims and been with Insurer for many years. Should I claim and get the car cat 'd or 'c wrote off and get lump sum or not bother. Really gutted about it as it's a mess. Any one else been through same thing? Thanks

M2 Comp
I would of thought it could be repaired using paintless dent removal (PDR) techniques.

I'm sure somebody local to you will pop by with a recommendation. Hope you get it sorted mate :up:

Last edited:

pat-t2phy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio trophy
The body shop said try a dent guy but tbh it looks like Michael flatley has been doin river dance on my roof. I'm jus relaying what body shop said about it being write off because of the damage to roof. Got a few dent guys to ring tomorrow and see what they say.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My mate (used to own a body shop!!) bought a written off ford SMax. Car was unregistered and brand new. It was at the docks when a huge hail storm battered the roof, bonnet and tops of the doors. And the top of the tailgate.
He paid something stupid like £10k for it.
Ford offloaded something like 30 of them via online auction.

He called his dent guy in and over a month, and £500, he'd come and spend an hour every other evening de-denting it.
He registered it with the DVLA and sold it for £19500 to a ford main dealer. Who then retailed it for £23,995.

pat-t2phy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio trophy
In durham mate. I have never seen hail stones as big in my life and they were coming Down at some speed. Reported that some windows had been smashed with them.

pat-t2phy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio trophy
Screenshot_2015-07-02-10-47-23-1.png

pat-t2phy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio trophy
A picture of hailstones that came down last night. Taken from friend fb page.

pat-t2phy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio trophy
The thunderstorms came around teatime. Went away and they came back at 10 last nite with th hail stones. It was still thundering and lightning at 1 this morning. The gods put on a good show though.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I drive it for 6 months if I had too.. You've paid you insurance, you should be covered..

Bash for cash I hate, but i couldn't hate anyone for being cheeky in this case.. It's fair..

pat-t2phy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio trophy
Yeah there's quite bit of damage done. Body shop said it was the worst they had seen all day. Our caddy van has couple of dings but nothing like the clio.