ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice require after my bump

A slow one :-(

Had a bump on the way to work. Was on the A1 and was hit by a focus when I was in his blind spot. Hes wantintg todo it off the record and to not involve the insurance companies but im not sure. I need a new front wing, need by bumper touched up, my wheel refurbed, and whateva has happened to my suspension/tracking etc. I just hope its not too bad. Im going to get it on the ramp later on this afternoon to have a closer look but Im slightly concerned about it as this collision happened at 70mph. Luckily I have a witness so if it does goto the insurance ppl im covered! I was very lucky not to hit the central reservation!

So... Do I tell the insurance ppl? Any ideas how much it will cost. Ill post some pics when i get home!

Edd

Golf R/Leon FR

i would go through the insurance people, then it will all get done properley

gutted for you mate,

at least you didnt get hurt

the thing with collisions is that it may not look too bad on the outside but there can be alot of damage internally. get a quote for the repairs asap and dont bother getting the wheel reburbished, get a new one

did you get his insurance details, address or reg number?

Yeah i got all his info. getting the car up on the ramp tonight after work. I guess then Ill be able to tell if its got any majour problems!

LOTS!

If you werent to blame then go through the insurance, no question. The only time I wouldnt go through insurance would be if Id caused the accident and I didnt want to lose my no claims. This is probably what the guy is trying to do himself but you may well end up losing out or having to get the work done to a cheaper standard.

Insurance - do it!

Abarth 500

tell the insurance, coz even if u are not claiming u still have to tell them everything you do coz they need everything about your car on record or it could cause problems in the future, u wernt to blame anyway, the numpty was so get him to cough up some dosh for shiny new bits......

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by phoenixy on 02 August 2005

i would go through the insurance people, then it will all get done properley

gutted for you mate,

at least you didnt get hurt
yep totally agree

Mini Cooper S sport

Yup, definitely an insurance job, no question. How annoying though, why didnt he look over his shoulder, idiot!?

2005 Impreza WRX STI

insurance mate! u will get the best repair and ALL the repairs done! plus they sort it all. saves u messing around!he may fight the claim tho so may take a while! gutted for u :(

if you have a bump and don;t want to go through insurance make them stump up at least 200 quid on the spot, otherwise police and insurance.

Had it up on the ramp tonight and we couldnt see any visible problems with it. Looks like I just need a new wing, wheel, get bumper tocuhed up and re-alligned! Think I might put it on the Jig to make sure! Decided to go through insurance. I cant be arsed with the hassle of sorting it off the record and I need a car to get to work so Ill need a hire car! I took some photos but they look a bit sh*te. U cant really tell what damage has been done to it but ill post em in a bit! Oh and i recon if the police had seen what happened he would of been done for dangerous driving! You dont pull that sort of stunt in rush hour IMO!

[Edited by Eddieb on 02 August 2005 at 5:36pm]

Yeah I know! I was so suprised when i got out the car to see it in one peice! Well almost! Still gutted though. Its my pride and joy! Thankfully I have an excellant renault dealership just round the corner! Theyre going to get me a quote for the work required tomorrow morning before i goto work!