ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advise on smashed 172

Been offered this car at eitha a very cheap price, or a freebie!!

What should i do with it, asumin it could be worth loads selling it on, a havnt seen the car yet but i no its been in a front smash and all airbags in dash have went off and the driverside seat. Have been told it is repairable but is it really worth it and sell the parts?? And keep a few parts for myself.

what would us all do

Cheers Ross

and sorry if this is in wrong part of forum

Thats also an option but i wont no what the damage is till i see it, a would keep it for myself and then Mr Insurance man would wana rebore the size of my a***hole when i say a have a clio 172.

also on the front seats is the airbag sided? Was thinking about getting a passenger side 1 and swap subframes round.

cheers

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

erm if its a real bad crash dotn forget the insurance will write it off under a catogry.

If its unsafe to repair, it wont be allowed, i suppose u just gotta wait and see how baaad the damage is, TBH it may cost u tooo much to even make a profit on

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

^^^PMSL

im sure he wud love it ;)

wonder where he is, hes always rnd at this time of night :p

RS Megane DCi 175

You could always donate the wheels to me.
They are a right pain ~ nobody wants plain old 172 wheels these days...
;)

If you get it cheap you can have a look what condition its in and sell it on or fix it up.

Assuming its a complete car the wheels are worth say £200

The back seats are worth say £100

Stearing wheels worth say £30.

If the engine/box, uch etc are working that probably worth £1k to someone who wants a transplant.

Cd player and changer £100

The front seats even with no airbag are probably worth £200

The interier door cars etc are worth say £200 if there not to damaged.

Spolier worth say £40

So thats almost £2k of value.

It might be worth seeing about buying new or from a scrappie front bits/ chassic etc and rebuilt the car for maybe £2k.