ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aerial removal Mk1 Ph 3

Hello Mate,

Its easy to remove the aerial ive got a Mk1 Ph 3 as well, youll need to remove the light panel inside your car which is just a case of pressing down the two clips either side.

Then disconnect the light so you can see up onto the roof then just use a pair of plyers to remove the bolt that you can see above (you might need to open your sunroof to keep hold of the base on the other side), and hey presto the aerial is off!.

You might need a new aerial base from renault though, bout £10 mine had lost its seal as there are two little hole in your roof where the aerial sits a new base will sit perfectly to cover both of these holes you see.

Hope dat helps

2004 1.2 Dynamique

Yea I had a bit of a problem with my mk1 ph3 leaking it was the sunroof just needed sealing up a bit

hmm, thought originally it was coming from the sunroof but its coming out of the light and immobiliser sensor bit and the sunroof all feels bone dry all around it so think it muct be the aerial, will try popping out the light bit later on and take a look. Dont suppose you got a part number for the aerial bit anyone??

Part number

7701 388 234

It comes with a mega long bouncy aerial though but you can just swap in your normal aerial which is what i did.

Take a look under your aerial and youll see the two holes in the roof i was talking about, however i have switched my aerial and the car was still leaking until i sealed under the warped plastic sunroof surround.

Thanks everyone for your help...its not over yet! Thanks to the great directions above I got to the underside of the aerial and its dry as a bone, poured water onto and around the aerial and nothing came through, added to that for the first time we have noticed the front of the sunroof inside is sopping wet!!

So its defo the sunroof!! First off can someone tell me what needs doing to the sunroof? resealing or new seal?

second and more urgently, i think water has got into the immobiliser receiver cos thats just gone a bit tits up. Wont work from outside the car and if you spend five minutes pressing it at various angles sometimes we are lucky and it will plip. tried both keys but no luck. When holding the button down on the key the red light flashed quite quickly. Never noticed the flashing before, is that right??
So....im guessing we need a replacement immobiliser receiver unit, is this a big deal? lots of money and have the keys got to be re-programmed? or is that something different,
Urgent help greatly appreciated.
Thanks everyone.

Here you go check this link for instructions to seal your sunroof

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=118411&PagePosition=1http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=118411&PagePosition=1

However i would not recommend any work of this type at the moment as the sealant will struggle to dry in this weather unless you have a very warm dry place to put your car for a few days.

Your immobiliser will be ok if you let it dry out for a while you could try using a little plastice bag to wrap it up in for now which means you will be able to get into your car at least (if you pull the grey surrounding panel it will allow you to do this)

Dont rush off to replace it yet as mine got soaked exactly the same but it works if you let it dry out again.

Hope this helps