ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aerials (show me yours!)

172 Cup
Right i want a shorter aerial for the cup and i have a mazda 3 mps one in mind...does anybody know if this will fit? I know some people put Civic type R aerials on clio's but im unsure wether they fit 'flush' with the base?

Has anybody else got any suggestions? ohh and any pics would be appreciated, Thanks chaps.

MK5 Fiesta Zetec S
Ive got a Honda Jazz Aerial on mine i think its the same as the TypeR one, although im unsure.
DSC03180.gif

SG9 Forester STi
Good question. I wouldn't mind a different aerial on mine. You can probably see my standard one from Sunderland lol.

172 Cup
Good question. I wouldn't mind a different aerial on mine. You can probably see my standard one from Sunderland lol.

Haha!

The pics of the jazz aerial looks like an ideal length but looks like it hangs over the base quite a bit...or is it just the light?

Stupid question... again.

But how do you get the original off? It just wont unscrew at all, I've even had the pliers round it.

007-1.jpg

Blagged the photo from google but I have this - Its a citreon c2 aeriel and it doesnt get very good reception lol (possibly as I live in Cornwall and not much works down here)

Not that it bothers me as I usualy have my ipod plugged in

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
New shape megane one on mine - looks identical to the standard one but a good deal shorter!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Any pics dude? is it off the meg 250?

No pics at the moment - I went to get some new bits from my mate at renault and saw the fact it looked the same but shorter, so I pinched it to try and never took it back ;)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

Get a shorter one shave 0.1 of second of your 1/4 mile due to reduced drag and less weight :D

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
I've got the Mazda one, it fits perfectly same diameter as the base unlike some I see that overhang a little. Looks great reception's fine too. No pic, soz

350z, Subaru Legacy
I had a CTR one before, got so annoyed that it wasn´t flush!! lol.

Hmm I like that VX one...

What about ph1s? And the crappy adjustable base on them.

Is there anything else suitable for them that doesn't look a complete mess?

Also is there any legit reason why standard car aerials are so bloody long?