ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aeroquip hose and fittings

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
right, with my current hose setup i cannot fit my oil cooler (pipework not correct length and cannot bend into desired positions coming off sandwich plate)

so who has experience of buying/fitting aeroquip hose and fittings?

good places to purchase from?

should i try and purchase the parts seperately or contact a company and give them a description of what i need and let them work out what needs to be included?

i am thinking of:

- 45 or 90 deg bend coming out of sandwich plate
- hose runs left (as you look at the front of the car) - around the side of the rad to the front
- 90 degree female fittings onto oil cooler

i used to have my mocal kit fitted, but the pipes are the same length, and the connections for the sandwich plate are straight and so it limits where you can route the pipes due to the flexibility/space

any help welcome

Lionel Richie
i'm a mocal stockist, drop me an e-mail of what you need excatly and i'll do you a quote (custome made bits isn't a problem)

2005 Nissan Navara
The best bet and cheapest option is to buy lengths of braided hose and the appropriate threaded unions and have them swaged together by a hydraulics place. This is alot more of a robust set-up than Aero-quip unions, and works out at about a third the cost.

It all depends on the (limited) room you have.
I find running 90deg out of the sandwich plate, then running the pipes off to the left of the rad works neatest/less intrusive.

Fred, this is the kit i have:

box.jpg

cooler.jpg

plate.jpg

if you can supply the hoses will the fittings be swaged on like in the pic? or will they be aeroquip style fittings?

if swaged i need to get the hose measurements bang on first time, whereas aeroquip can be self assembled so more room for adjustment?

i believe the hoses that come with this kit are 30" long and from what i can tell, one is the correct sort of length for what i want (the farthest cooler connection, and the other is just too long (the nearest connection) stands to reason really doesn't it lol

2005 Nissan Navara
if its too long,cut the ferrel off, remove the union, cut the hose to required length, then take it to a hydraulics place and get them to re-swage it?

i need 2 90 degree fittings putting on aswell to attach it to the sandwich plate, but that shouldn't be too much hassle should it?

as long as i get the correct fittings?

are these right for the sandwich plate i have? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OIL-COOLER-REMOTE-FILTER-1-2-HOSE-PIPE-FITTINGS-UNIONS_W0QQitemZ390071152831QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5ad20d70bf&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1121%7C293%3A11%7C294%3A25

or is it the 5/8 ones i need?