ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After 1 week of Ownership

172 Cup
Well todays one week since I picked up my little 172Cup, Driven it everyday to and from work and the occasional stint of Xmas shopping.

Biggest thing I'm impressed by is the mpg, been averaging 35-40mpg (mainly DC) due to rush hour traffic and only having a few chances to put the pedal to the metal.

Biggest thing I don't like is the fact that it seems to attract boy racers of all ages from the Saxo Plastic Fantastic crew to the 3-Series Willy Waving gang. Have had several people trying to intimidate me into racing them. Had a Type R so close to my rear end the other morning I thought he wanted a tow!!!! I just wave them on through. Usually do a few trackdays a year so have no interest in racing on the road. New discs and pads all round last weekend and having no ABS have made me a bit nervous afew times as well bhut I'm sure I'll eventually learn to adjust my driving style to compensate.

Had a few niggly problems - Hey its Fench did I expect anything less? Just came from Italian car ownership so should be better. Thanks to the forum I have found variuous threads that have helped me.

The backbox seems to be banging under hard acceleration in 1st/2nd gears so am going to see about getting it made more secure to stop it. The rear fog light light on the dashboard flickers occasionally. Found a few threads on this telling me to give the rear light cluster connections and earth a wee clean, gave it a bash - prob solved.

Cars absolutely covered in salt and crap off the road so going out to give it a wee clean and maybe a wee polish if she's good.

My upcoming plans are 172ff seats, 4 F1s, a set of H&Rs(Waiting to arrive) and a partridge in a pear tree!!!! Though I'm very impressed by the handling which has made me question the need for H&Rs but I'll stick them on anyway.

Have a good weekend all!!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Have a look at the recaros which go into the trophy's. They look super, may be worth the extra.

Its funny, in 3 years of ownership my car has never attracted much attention from boy racers.

172 Cup
Had a look round for Trophy seats but I think I will have to shell out a fair amount extra $$$ to get them! If I could get them >£500 then I'd prob go for them but don't think I' dget them for that price.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
good choices there! i didnt worry about h&r's as im no track day fiend but have heard god things if set up properly! if your cup is anything like mine your back box will depart the car soon! mine came off during an airfield meet! was interesting. just watch that lack of abs takes some getting used to i just leave a bigger gap now lol! its that time of year when our beloved cups catch us out......