ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

after a clio - pics and info needed!

hello all!

i wrote my 106 off this week, so ill shortly be looking for a new car. i thought id probably just end up with another pug, but really like the look of the clio.

problem is, i dont really know anything about them - what models there are and whats revisions to the range took place and when - e.g was there a face-lift model etc, so i thought the best thing to do would be to ask you guys to tell me a bit about your cars and post some pics! itd give me an idea of what kind of mods are good on a clio and besides, everyone loves a chance to show off their motor!

im only looking at the older cars (what i guess is a ph1) and as insurance will be an issue, ill be looking at a 1.2 or 1.4RT (so sadly a valver is not on the cards) so pics, info on these would be great! in the meantime ill browse the forum!

cheers guys!

Tom

im selling mine in the next few weeks, r reg MK1 Phase 3 with 58k on the clock 1.2

16" Wheels
Lowered
Splitter
Cat back exhaust
Stereo
and i have a set of skirts you can have as well

looking for around 1450 modded or 1300 standard, my email address is mailto:livinlegend85@aol.com">livinlegend85@aol.com and i live in swindon

Hi Tom,

sh*t news about your 106, but good that your looking at Clios.

1.4RT is a nice car to go for (then i would say that) the later models, like mine, came with PAS, E/W, E/S, E/M and remote central locking!

Ideal mods on a clio are: Alloys, Suspension, Colour Coding, a nice exhaust!! Oh and subtle kits - the terminator kit is popular as well as a few others!

Good sites to check out are:

http://www.k-tecracing.comwww.k-tecracing.com

http://www.bbperformancetuning.co.ukwww.bbperformancetuning.co.uk

Oh and heres a pic of my car:

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1107088351__IMG_1527.jpg

that looks nice chris - those alloys look really smart

Ive got a few more plans for my car at the moment - i need some new brakes so there getting done ASAP!

Im going to get a new splitter and some sideskirts!

Oh and i want to colour code it too!

I need more money! lol!

thanks for replying guys! both cars look very smart ! definetely want to stick to the subtle mods...nothing jap or anything like that! just wheels, suspension, exhaust and colour-coding as you say - was all i did to my 106.

Carl mate - yours has different headlights etc to Chris. is chriss a phase 2 model and yours a ph 3?

cheers guys and keep em comin!

p.s. legend, will PM you soon

Quote: Originally posted by refused on 10 February 2005

thanks for replying guys! both cars look very smart ! definetely want to stick to the subtle mods...nothing jap or anything like that! just wheels, suspension, exhaust and colour-coding as you say - was all i did to my 106.

Carl mate - yours has different headlights etc to Chris. is chriss a phase 2 model and yours a ph 3?

cheers guys and keep em comin!

p.s. legend, will PM you soon

the one with the rounder headlights is a phase 3 (P - R) the other squarer ones are the phase 1 and 2s, mines the same shape as carl with the rounder ones

S2000

On the Mk1 clios there are three phases mate. Phases 1 and 2 both had the squarer headlights and the ph3 had more rounded ones (like Carl_RTs car) The phase one and phase two are not very different I dont think, but the main differences were that the phase two has a different front grill and it also has different rear lights (slightly different), Im sure there are other differences but I cant quite think what they are. The phase 3 is quite a bit different to the other two phases as it had a different front bumper and grill(the grill was built into the bumper) and also the different headlights but im not too sure about what other differences there are.

IMO the best model to go for is the 1.4 RT if you are looking at smaller engined cars (i.e. not valvers). These have colour coded bumpers as standard and also have fog lights on the front bumper, the shape of the 1.4 rt bumper is slightly different anyway. The 1.4 RT also comes with all the other goodies such as electric windows, PAS etc and has about 80 BHP i think with a 0 - 60 time of 11.1 seconds. Im still on the look out for a 1.4 RT at the moment and have been for quite a while as there havent been many coming up around where I live, and when they have come up I have been short on cash. I think its worth waiting for a 1.4 RT though as IMO they look loads better than the 1.2 because of the colour coded bumpers and performance will be a bit better.

Hope all this helps mate. What kind of 106 did you have before? any pics?

[Edited by donsrno1 on 10 February 2005 at 9:54pm]

well that all depends on what the insurance company offer - should receive their offer in writing either tomorrow or next week.

what sort of clio are you after for yourself then donsrno1? mk1 or 2?

Edit: just read you post again - your after a 1.4 RT. my bad.

[Edited by refused on 10 February 2005 at 10:58pm]

S2000

Im after a mk1 1.4rt. Im looking for a phase 1 or 2 because I couldnt afford a phase 3 at the moment and I think they ph1 and 2 look better anyway. I have been waiting for quite a while but that is largely down to me having to save money for other things so im pretty low on money just now. Im hoping to get something sorted in the next month or so. Where abouts are you based mate?

thanks for the welcome mate. the pics dnt really do the pug justice - even though it was only a 1.1 i was very pleased with it.

im based in essex - shouldve mentioned that at the start of the post really.

thanks for the link oli, but im looking for a car that i can just drive away with little to no work needed - my dad spent alot of time helping me with the pug and now its a complete write off i dont think hell be quite so accommodating this time round.

was totally my fault you see...spun it on a country lane coz i was going too fast when i hit something slippy! absolutely gutted!! :(

wel what make it even worse is that ive been down that road a hundred times at that speed - but it was damp and the road was wet and i just didnt give proper respect to the conditions.

it was really scary and looking at the car now i realise how lucky i was! its definitely taught me a very valuable lesson

A silver Honda

Yeah a mate of mine wrote off his 8 month old MG ZR recently in damp conditions, hope he has learned his lesson too.

Octavia VRS

at least you were ok and learned your lesson mate.

welcome by the way!

1.4 RTs are good models - I have a MK2 phase 1 V plate but some lovely MK1 machines on here. As said before subtle look is definitely the way ahead! Hope you find a nice Clio

hopefully mate. it really shakes you up...i dont see how you cant learn from it. its just a shame its such an expensive lesson to learn! but if it means you stay alive its worth it!

but neways...its all experience and an excuse for another car i guess

cheers POW - been browsing the forum and theres certainly some very nice cars. i wouldnt have even though of the clio, but a guy round the corner used to have a really nice black 1.4RT - subtle mods - looked the nuts.

but id forgotten about that until i saw a video of a 172 Cup killing scoobies on the strip and came across this website looking for the spec of the 172s and saw some of the lovely examples on here