ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After reversing car keeps stalling

1.1 Clio
Hi

When i reverse i can hear and feel it grinding slightly. After ive finished reversing and i want to go forward my revs go up and down without me touching the pedal and i have to rev it a lot to get it to move or it will stall. Also if i stop the car the engine will cut out. Once ive been driving for a minute or 2 its fine. Anyone know what the problem could be and if so roughly how much for parts and labour?

Thanks in advance

Renault Sport Clio 182
what age clio do you have? i dont know if that will make a difference.

But have you tried cleaning the throttle body, as this helps on the gf's 1.6

as for the grinding noise have you checked for bearing's or even the rear brakes 'binding' or whatever its called, as this caused a similar problem on her 1.6, the rear brakes would, for some reason, apply themselves and the car would stop.

1.1 Clio
I have an 02 clio. Thanks ill try cleaning the throttle body. Just another quick question is it easy to get to? How do i get to the throttle body?

Thanks