ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

after the clio now on to new pastures

Clio sport cup
Well after stripping and selling my lovely little clio I've found myself a lovely bit of purpose built hillclimb kit and yet many will say why to my choice the main reason is i want something different so I've gone for a metro yes I did say metro but no ordinary one......
DSC_0601.JPG

DSC_0602.JPG

DSC_0600.JPG

DSC_0594.JPG

Clio sport cup
Hahaha that's bloody brilliant.

Please tell me it has near 200bhp.
It could be with abit of work, currently running a modest 150bhp from the little 1.4 but with a different cam setup should see 160 and with a change of pistons ect with money spent would see 200.

Clio sport cup
Love it, whats the spec??
-1.4 K Series Tuned Engine Piper Cams, Piper Verniers, Reworked Head, Jenvey Throttle bodies with fibre trumpets. Full Rebuild 3 hillclimb meetings ago by Tipton Garage who are very well known for motorsport in the southwest.

-Custom Side exit exhaust which was produced for optimum length.

-Brand New Emerald K6 ECU with data cable and CD included and set up on Tiptons rolling Road.

-MG ZR R65 Gearbox.

-Hydrogas Suspension separated into singles so each corner is stand alone.

-Gaz adjustable Shocks all round.

-Green Stuff pads on front, Standard Shoes in rear.

-Custom Carbon Dash with carbon Fibre Digital Display for Revs and Shift Light, all fuses, cut off switch, fan, windscreen wiper, fuel pump, ignition switch, starter button and Water Temp Gauge mounted on the angle to face driver. We have also mounted a ECU MAP switch aswell which allows you to switch between 2 Engine MAPS if desired.
p), Piper Cams, Piper Verniers, Reworked Head, Jenvey Throttle bodies with fibre trumpets. Full Rebuild 3 hillclimb meetings ago by Tipton Garage who are very well known for motorsport in the southwest.

Clio, Nova, Astra
omg that thing looks fun!!! really like the black gold theme on it for some reason nice buy that pal

Transit & Death trap
Looks great fun, love the colour and everything.... 150bhp in something that weights sod all = :tongueout:
I've always really liked the shape of the metro, probably something to do with the Mighty Metro Scaletrix set I had as a kid.

Clio sport cup
Looks great fun, love the colour and everything.... 150bhp in something that weights sod all = :tongueout:
I've always really liked the shape of the metro, probably something to do with the Mighty Metro Scaletrix set I had as a kid.
Haha yeah I had that scaletrix too, will be a little more aggressive when I change the cams

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Absolutely love it. One of my favourite cars on here. Genuinely.

My first car was a blue 1.1 of that era, swiftly followed by a GTi 'tro. I thought it was hilarious fun. Until I released it would fold up like tin foil in a crash. But with a cage etc your's has that issue solved.

Clio sport cup
Absolutely love it. One of my favourite cars on here. Genuinely.

My first car was a blue 1.1 of that era, swiftly followed by a GTi 'tro. I thought it was hilarious fun. Until I released it would fold up like tin foil in a crash. But with a cage etc your's has that issue solved.
Haha yeah if it wasn't for the cage I'd be a little worried as it is extensively lightened don't think anything has been missed if it's not needed it's gone lol

Clio sport cup
A few pics of the dash layout and yes it is carbon fibre not wrapped
DSC_0623.JPG

DSC_0624.JPG

And i have to say 13" wide mini lights look so nice a new favourite of mine
DSC_0622.JPG