ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket air filters and warranty

FF Arctic Blue 182
I went down to Renault garage and asked if changing my air filter would void my warranty. They said it would only invalidate the replaced parts warranty, not my cars warranty. Has anyone had any dealings similar, where they have changed the air filter and had warranty work done?

FF Arctic Blue 182
Yeah could do, is it a hard job to change?

Also any opinions on best filter? I dont wanna lose no power but want a nice bit of induction roar?

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
if there was a problem, the garage would have to prove that your modification caused it. The best bit about this is, its not going to bother most garages whether or not theres modifications, as they effectively get paid to sort the problem by RenaultUK.

Easy to change, i always seem to be swapping between aftermarket filter and standard.

if you want your 182 to roar then get a k&n or an aftermarket exhuast. If you want a nice induction sound as well as getting an increase in performance then get a BMC CDA or ITG maxogen. It isnt that easy to swap between induction kit and standard, so if your worried about that then you should buy a panel filter, would recomend an ITG

I have an ITG panel filter on my 182 no noise or performance difference as far as I can tell but it does mean you do not have to replace it. If you want a noisy 182 get a cat back exhaust.
I have had a warrenty claim on my 182, the usual engine mount and snapped coil spring, and to be honest I doubt that the Renault "Technician" (use that word loosely) new that it had a different exhaust on it to standard. When I mentioned that the knocking noise was probably the engine mount, a common fault, he said that he was not aware of this being a common fault or had seen one/fixed one with that problem!
After the test drive he reluctantly agreed that it was the engine mount although I still think he was not sure.
As said above though if you change the filter it is easy enough to change it back before you take it into Renault.

172 gone :( 197 now :)
I fitted a k&n panel filter to my 172 and didnt notice any difference in power or sound.